Guild Wars 2 or Tera Online

Hey everyone. I am looking to get back into an MMO at this point. Last one I played was Rift. It was dying so I left and have not played an MMO since. My one friend really wants me to go for WoW, but honestly I am too cheap to buy all the expansion packs and pay monthly, lol. Guild Wars 2 looks very promising. I hear that on April 10th we will be able to pre-order it? So far I have heard mixed reviews of Tera. It looks good, but I guess the hardcore MMO players don't like certain aspects such as instances being too hard, etc. What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

I think Guild Wars 2 will be the better game. From what I've seen so far they are re-evaluating a lot of the MMO mechanics we take for granted and taking them in a direction that seems expansive and enjoyable.

Guild Wars 2 without a doubt. Tera is just another typical quest grind mmo.

This video has convinced me. I will certainly wait for Guild Wars 2. Dynamic events are not really new to the MMO scene as I would consider the rifts in "Rift" to be somewhat dynamic. But this seems to take that to a whole new level, with content coming and going and always something to do. I want to play nowww. I signed up for the beta ages ago but I was never selected. :(

Hmm, that video (Dynamic Events) reminds me of RIFT. Which I've been playing to pass the time. For instance last night was a zone event. Had to Kill 200 Fire/Earth mobs, kill 3 mini bosses, then kill the main boss. It was fun, and we did it but it took like everyone in the zone to do.

My vote based on what I have seen is 100% GW2 over Tera.

for what i've been readin tera is just another grind mmo, for what i've been reading and following guild wars really looks like a breath of fresh air to the genre.

Hmm, that video (Dynamic Events) reminds me of RIFT. Which I've been playing to pass the time. For instance last night was a zone event. Had to Kill 200 Fire/Earth mobs, kill 3 mini bosses, then kill the main boss. It was fun, and we did it but it took like everyone in the zone to do.

My vote based on what I have seen is 100% GW2 over Tera.

While i haven't gotten to play GW2 yet, the dynamic events in gw2 look much more varied than what i saw with rifts zone events.

While i haven't gotten to play GW2 yet, the dynamic events in gw2 look much more varied than what i saw with rifts zone events.

I haven't gotten to play GW2 either. Honestly, I haven't really followed GW2 that much. I played GW1, and beat every release aside from the second one. I can just go based on what I've seen/experienced with RIFT.

I really, really enjoyed Guild Wars 1, so I'd have to say Guild Wars 2, it's my most anticipated game of the year now Mass Effect 3 has been released!

If you want to try something until those come out Aion is going free to play in 2 weeks. It had a lot of issues over the past 2 and a 1/2 years since it was released but it is still a fun game and the population will be booming at least for a bit. It is far more polished than Tera will be upon release and you won't even have to pay for the actual game it is free period.

GW2 easily. Tera is just another same old WoW clone MMO.

Dynamic events are similar to RIFTS - except they replace everything with dynamic events, rather than just plastering the same small rift event that repeats every 30 minutes.

You just wonder about in the world and events are highlighted on your map. There are over 2000 in the game, which is more than what most MMOs would include as quests. There are also more common tasks that allow you to unlock special vendors and give you something to do that will help you to stumble on these events.