Seems Gotham City is really Baltimore, MD

He may be the Caped Crusader, but he is also a very naughty boy.

For the Dark Knight has been pulled over by police - for not displaying the proper vehicle licences on his Batmobile.

But, fear not, these are not less-than-exciting stills from the latest Christian Bale-starring blockbuster, they merely show Batman impersonator Lenny B. Robinson getting a grilling from the law.

Mr Robinson was reportedly en route to a children's hospital when Montgomery County Police officers instructed him to pull over in his black Lamborghini.

The cops are pictured questioning him roadside on Interstate 29 in Montgomery, Maryland, after they spotted his bat symbol rear plate instead of regulation ones.

Mr Robinson was reportedly questioned and let go with a warning.

A Montgomery County Police spokesman confirmed: "Yes, Batman was stopped by officers on Wednesday, March 21, on southbound Route 29 at Prelude Drive, Silver Spring, for no tags on Batmobile."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/26/batman-pulled-over-for-not-displaying-licence-plates-on-batmobile_n_1379277.html#s812882

post-56913-0-68439100-1332783781.jpg

What model Lambo is that, because I thought all of them (even the convertibles) had scissor doors? This one appears to have regular doors.

edit: ahhh, its a Gallardo. I never realized that those had standard doors. It's actually pretty hard to find a picture of one with the doors open!

Did they really need 3 cops?

Umm, I'm guessing here.. but it looks like two police officers (which would be the norm here) and a sheriff, or whatever the hell you guys call them. What a mess you have there.. anyway.

Umm, I'm guessing here.. but it looks like two police officers (which would be the norm here) and a sheriff, or whatever the hell you guys call them. What a mess you have there.. anyway.

Yes we have cops and sheriff in USA. Sheriff usually wear tan shirts which I have seen. Cops wear navy or black, depends on their department.

Troopers wear tan, grey, or black, depends their location. Not sure they wear navy but I have not seen yet.

Some cops who are going undercover, they either wear uniforms or regular clothes such as jeans, shirt, etc. depends on what type of work they run under.

Some cops ride together or ride alone depends on their work.

Here each major division of govt. has its own police force.

Michigan State Police: blue uni's and cars. Equivalent to other states Highway Patrol, Texas Rangers etc. Patrol state highways, operate state forensics lab, enforce statewide and traffic laws. Also have air, marine, cybercrime, and high speed pursuit.

The State also has the National Guard - a militia affiliated with the US Armed Forces but under the command of the Governor unless units are called up by DoD for active duty.

County Sheriff: tan uni's and often black & gold cars. Patrol county and some municipal roads, enforce countywide and traffic laws, run the County Jail. Often have mounted units (horses) for searches and crowd control. Also have air, diving, marine and cybercrime units where necessary.

Municipal: patrol municipal roads, enforce local and traffic laws, run local lockups. Some have air and marine units.

Depending on the location that they pulled him over, it looks to be a sheriff (the one with the tan shirt under black body armor), one police officer for sure (the guy with his side towards us - the patch on his shoulder matches the logo on the police cruiser), and probably another police officer or a highway patrol officer (the guy with his back to us - no way to know for sure). Where I live, it isn't at all unusual to see any combination of the three pulling someone over together.

http://www.washingto...nPjgS_blog.html

So love to see good local news for once

JN2_6825a_1332889922.jpg?uuid=Zv584nhiEeGxkS1faG5_9A

"

Police pulled a man over on Route 29 in Silver Spring

last week

because of a problem with his plates. This would not ordinarily make international news, but the car was a black Lamborghini, the license plate was the Batman symbol, and the driver was Batman, dressed head-to-toe in full superhero regalia.

HOLY MOVING VIOLATION!

It didn?t take long before images of the Dark Knight?s encounter with law enforcement began turning up in Facebook news feeds, on CNN and the London tabloids. The episode even made it into Jimmy Fallon?s monologue on NBC earlier this week.

Jokers emerged instantaneously too. ?Let him do his job,? one commenter

urged on the Post Web site. ?Batman has expensive taste,? noted another. Meanwhile, questions about Batman?s identity mounted: ?Did they make him take off his mask?? someone asked.

No, they did not. Even Montgomery County police honor a superhero code of conduct, just like the Howard County officers who once

helped him with a flat bat tire. Batman told officers his real name was not Bruce Wayne but Lenny B. Robinson, and that his real tags were in the car. (He was not ticketed then, but has been before for a heavy bat foot.)

The Caped Crusader is a businessman from Baltimore County who visits sick children in hospitals, handing out Batman paraphernalia to up-and-coming superheros who first need to beat cancer and other wretched diseases."

Nice to see someone doing some good for once, and whilst most will complain at the cops letting him off (one rule for one etc) I think it was pretty decent of them.

Did they really need 3 cops?

It's Baltimore. Lol. Here (where I am in NY), which so far isn't as bad, it's not uncommon for them to have 4 or 5 cops at a routine traffic stop. They've had to call in the state police to help.