Galaxy Nexus vs One X

62 members have voted

1. 1. For camera, software and screen, which is better?

• Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    • HTC One X/XL
    • One is better at some, please explain.

I am now 99% sure I am getting the gnex. I have till the 5th to get the extra money for EVO trade in. I figure I have to at least wait till the next GS3s announcement but I'm ready for the Nexus and getting the new one in the fall.

Good choice, I just got the 4.0.4 update on mine today. It makes it so much faster and gives better battery life than the 4.0.2 OTA.

I had a go on the One X in a store today, I found it to be quite disappointing. The interface is still way too 'full' as Sense has always been, and it was just slow at certain moments. Opening the app drawer (with very few apps installed) was laggy, switching tabs in the browser was laggy, I didn't like it.

I had a go on the One X in a store today, I found it to be quite disappointing. The interface is still way too 'full' as Sense has always been, and it was just slow at certain moments. Opening the app drawer (with very few apps installed) was laggy, switching tabs in the browser was laggy, I didn't like it.

So I had the complete opposite experience. Played with the One XL today in the store and I really like what sense brings to the table. This phone blew me away like the OG EVO did. The Nexus on the other hand just felt like a nice upgrade from my brothers SGS2. With it looking like I am going to lose out on the EVO trade in offer due to short supply near me it looks like I am grabbing the EVO.

• 3 weeks later...

Compared to Galaxy Nexus (which I have) I have to say that HTC One bests it in almost everything. The only thing that Galaxy Nexus really has going for it is that it's still a VERY fast phone and it comes with stock ICS. Other than that I wouldn't mind getting HTC One X at all. It's definitely the best phone on the market right now or at least until I really see how GSIII looks like and feels like.

Get the one X/XL as it has superior hardware. You can always root and install stock ICS later, but you can't do anything about the Nexus' inferior hardware.

I'm not saying the Nexus is a bad phone by any means, just saying that "Get the Nexus because it runs stock ICS" isn't really a reason to buy it in my opinion.

Using a hacked apk, yu can get the 25gb Dropbox on any phone. I have it for my GSII already. The one X is having tons of bugs according to the XDA forums, and the Tegra 3 is becoming dated. Id wait a bit longer for a GSIII or somethin with a Snapdragon S4.

Tech moves fast, it's dated the second it's ready for mass production. If you keep waiting for the "next best thing" you'll be waiting forever because it's always just around the corner. If Tegra 3 meets your needs now and does what you need it too, that is all that really matters in my honest opinion. Also you don't need to wait if you want a Snapdragon S4, the HTC One XL packs a dual core Snapdragon S4 (since Tegra 3 doesn't support LTE at the moment). That is my 2 cents, take with a grain of salt.

EDIT: For the record, the HTC One X and One XL should not be considered the same phone because while identical in appearance they are different on the inside. The One X is a quad core Tegra 3 phone while the One XL is a dual core Snapdragon S4 phone (with LTE support). Just for the record.

EDIT: For the record, the HTC One X and One XL should not be considered the same phone because while identical in appearance they are different on the inside. The One X is a quad core Tegra 3 phone while the One XL is a dual core Snapdragon S4 phone (with LTE support). Just for the record.

If that was for my benefit, I said "One X/XL" because I wasn't sure which version would be available where the OP lived, not because I thought they were the same hardware-wise :p

From what I gather the Snapdragon S4 has much better battery efficiency and performance that is on par with the Tegra 3, wish they'd offer that version over here too!

I've got a question regarding the One X (and all other non-removable battery phones).

What does one do if the phone crashes and you need to take out the battery like you would in other phones?

I've got a question regarding the One X (and all other non-removable battery phones).

What does one do if the phone crashes and you need to take out the battery like you would in other phones?

It comes with a mini sledgehammer in the box!

If that was for my benefit, I said "One X/XL" because I wasn't sure which version would be available where the OP lived, not because I thought they were the same hardware-wise :p

From what I gather the Snapdragon S4 has much better battery efficiency and performance that is on par with the Tegra 3, wish they'd offer that version over here too!

Well was for everyone's benefit really :p I noticed some people were using One X/XL interchangeably as if they were the same phone when they sort of aren't. Nit picking really :laugh:

Got the Galaxy Nexus and am really happy. Stock ICS is the only way to go from now on. After Dec 1st my mom will get this phone and I will be getting the new nexus, something I wouldn't do had I gone with the EVO since I couldn't have gotten as much off the phone or the $50 in google wallet credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Galaxy Nexus and am really happy. Stock ICS is the only way to go from now on. After Dec 1st my mom will get this phone and I will be getting the new nexus, something I wouldn't do had I gone with the EVO since I couldn't have gotten as much off the phone or the $50 in google wallet credit.

I decided I will go vanilla since the day i bought my Nexus.

If you're really that bothered about using vanilla Android, just buy a sim free One X, unlock it's bootloader, and flash a custom ROM. The One X beats the GN in almost every way imaginable.

^^ why do people have to buy HTC one X and root it when next nexus would be quad core with jelly bean coming in 3-4 months

Because, first, you made up that time frame since none is known yet. And two, exactly that, you don't have a time frame for the next Nexus phone. I have an HTC One X with quad core in my hand right now. And be rest assured, when Jelly Bean comes out, the HTC One X will get it. Or, if rooting is too much for you, you can certainly stick to the Nexus line.

There's no question, One X kills the Galaxy Nexus. This phone is ridiculously amazing.

Because, first, you made up that time frame since none is known yet. And two, exactly that, you don't have a time frame for the next Nexus phone. I have an HTC One X with quad core in my hand right now. And be rest assured, when Jelly Bean comes out, the HTC One X will get it. Or, if rooting is too much for you, you can certainly stick to the Nexus line.

There's no question, One X kills the Galaxy Nexus. This phone is ridiculously amazing.

I don't think you really understood what i was trying to say.. One X is am amazing phone and there is no denying that.

I am also not saying One X is bad and I love that phone but to people who prefer Nexus Vanilla, the next nexus would be a great phone... mind you I didnt say galaxy nexus because X and SG S3 beats Galaxy nexus hands down as of now. and chill out dude... I am not here for an argument.

also major release of Android happens on sep-Nov time frame so its only an educated guess i made.

I feel exactly the same way about vanilla ICS, it's the reason I ditched my SGS 2 for my Nexus. Sure, there are phones with better hardware out there but they are all inferior in my eyes software wise to the Nexus. There's nothing stopping me getting any phone out there right now, but I'll wait for the next Nexus.

^^ why do people have to buy HTC one X and root it when next nexus would be quad core with jelly bean coming in 3-4 months

Maybe we should wait another year they may have octo-core phones by then? Some consumers want to make a decision to buy now, and let's face it if you're waiting for the next great thing to come along with smartphones you may never buy as it's a constantly evolving field.

This is about the here and now. And in the here and now, the One X is simply superior to the Galaxy Nexus in every way that counts.

You could have rooted the one X, installed a stock ROM and had better hardware :p

Ah well, as long as you're happy!