Photo

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#31 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:39

A massive true dat, I can understand you make like it like that Andrea, but I wouldn't be able to look at that. Plus, Im one of the minority that actually likes the start screen.

It looks exactly like Windows XP. On Windows 7 and Windows Vista,you can set your theme to Windows Classic,which disables Aero. But sadly they have removed Windows Classic from Windows 8,a bad move as I miss it very much. And you can only set it to Windows 8 Basic which is the same as Windows 7 Basic. Which only partly disables Aero. Andrea Borman.

#32 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:46

No! It does not look exactly like XP. Not even close to this. There is absolute no reason why to bring back the windows classic UI.

#33 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:52

It looks exactly like Windows XP. On Windows 7 and Windows Vista,you can set your theme to Windows Classic,which disables Aero. But sadly they have removed Windows Classic from Windows 8,a bad move as I miss it very much. And you can only set it to Windows 8 Basic which is the same as Windows 7 Basic. Which only partly disables Aero. Andrea Borman.

Because the Classic chrome runs off the CPU. It was inefficient. With Windows 8, the GUI is completely rendered on the GPU. There just isn't a need for the Classic UI anymore.

#34 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:55

Because the Classic chrome runs off the CPU. It was inefficient. With Windows 8, the GUI is completely rendered on the GPU. There just isn't a need for the Classic UI anymore.

But the Windows Classic theme is better for a netbook.The Aero theme only slows the computer down. Andrea Borman.

#35 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:57

But the Windows Classic theme is better for a netbook.The Aero theme only slows the computer down. Andrea Borman.

I can't confirm. Windows 7 works great on low-end systems.

#36 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:59

I can't confirm. Windows 7 works great on low-end systems.

Yes,and Windows 7 is faster than Windows 8. And Windows XP is slightly faster than Windows 7. So Windows XP and Windows 7 tie as the top 2 versions of Windows. Andrea Borman.

#37 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:00

No. no. The CPU of the netbook is limited. The more offloaded onto the GPU the better your machine will be. It balances out the work the machine is doing.

Yes,and Windows 7 is faster than Windows 8. And Windows XP is slightly faster than Windows 7. So Windows XP and Windows 7 tie as the top 2 versions of Windows. Andrea Borman.

And Windows 95 is faster than XP. Doesn't mean anything. XP is actually very inefficient with multi-core processors and RAM usage.

#38 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:01

I can't confirm again. Windows 8 works many times faster then windows 7. Even because they removed/want to do it aero!
You can like or dislike Windows 8. The performance is much greater than any Windows before.

#39 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 88

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:04

This needs to use the account photo in the start menu too, and look like the windows 7 one (slightly off the menu). Then it would be perfect! :p

#40 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:37

If your Computer has a GPU, running Aero will make it run on the GPU, freeing up the CPU, so often you'll find that classic slows your computer down.

#41 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:38

Okay, I'm confused. You're trying to make Windows 8 look like Windows XP even though - according to you - it's much slower and you hate the default visual theme? Not only that but adding countless programs to change the visual appearance can only impact performance further.

Given that you have a low post count, the majority of your posts are in Windows 8 topics and you're posting those garish images at every opportunity I have to ask: are you just doing this for laughs? If not - and I'm not trying to be rude here - are you partially sighted? Your screenshots are very reminiscent of the high contrast colour schemes used by the visually impaired. I mean absolutely no disrespect but your screenshots are incredibly distasteful.

#42 Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:50

Okay, I'm confused. You're trying to make Windows 8 look like Windows XP even though - according to you - it's much slower and you hate the default visual theme? Not only that but adding countless programs to change the visual appearance can only impact performance further.

Given that you have a low post count, the majority of your posts are in Windows 8 topics and you're posting those garish images at every opportunity I have to ask: are you just doing this for laughs? If not - and I'm not trying to be rude here - are you partially sighted? Your screenshots are very reminiscent of the high contrast colour schemes used by the visually impaired. I mean absolutely no disrespect but your screenshots are incredibly distasteful.

No the these on my laptops are not set on high contrast,not at all.

They are set on Windows 7 Classic on Windows 7. Then I change the grey taskbar and dark blue desktop to a color of my choice.

And on Windows 8 they are set on Windows 8 Basic. Andrea Borman.

#43 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:58

No the these on my laptops are not set on high contrast,not at all.

They are set on Windows 7 Classic on Windows 7. Then I change the grey taskbar and dark blue desktop to a color of my choice.

And on Windows 8 they are set on Windows 8 Basic. Andrea Borman.

But this is nonsense. Also in Windows 7 the themed UI using the GPU. What you are doing is counterproductive.

#44 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 July 2012 - 13:05

Given that you have a low post count, the majority of your posts are in Windows 8 topics and you're posting those garish images at every opportunity I have to ask: are you just doing this for laughs?

If you look at Andrea's YouTube channel, you'll see that she isn't doing it for laughs.

#45 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 01 July 2012 - 13:31

If you look at Andrea's YouTube channel, you'll see that she isn't doing it for laughs.

oh dear lord...