Ad overlays on images are annoying

Hi, fellows. I appreciate the fact that the site needs to make revenue, but I really don't like the new overlays that keep appearing over the screenshots and such in the news posts. The interstital ads sprinkled throughout the text are bad enough, but they aren't as disruptive as the image overlays. I hope you'll reconsider using the overlays. I had to close several of them for just a single article (with multiple screenshots).

Thank you,

Skwerl

Sure thing. Attached is a screenshot. Every imaged has a Dell or IE9 banner over it that has to be dismissed in order to see the full image behind.

Skwerl

post-260-0-47708300-1335328346_thumb.jpg

Well full respect to you Neobond. I was expecting a reply by the powers that be of "pay us, make us rich, have no adverts" - Secretely if I ran the site that's what I would of said (good job I don't then!)

One sure fire way of resolving the issue would be to purchase a Subscription Level 2 :D

I have seen the overlays but I though ###### was normal .. annoying as hell though ...

I have seen the dell , but here is a different one

post-74994-0-96302700-1335963866_thumb.j

Yeah sorry, I have escalated this as a priority request. They have said they aren't responsible but I know AdSense doesn't do these types of ads..when you see it again can you look in the source where it is located and tell me where it points to please?

One sure fire way of resolving the issue would be to purchase a Subscription Level 2 :D

Or FireFox with ABP :blush:

... but I've been informed by an inside terrorist that being a subscriber gives you access to some awesome raunchy threads with images and piracy... :shiftyninja:

wow, here I wasn't saying anything because I thought you guys turned it on to do this

it was only ever dell ad's too! never saw one for anything else but Dell

Sometimes (certain) advertisers throw in a new method of advertising and, well, hope that I or others don't notice :/ I can assure you I didn't approve these ads. While we like to make some money, we also want to keep Neowin an enjoyable experience as well, with no crap blocking our (or your) own content.

• Like 2

Sometimes (certain) advertisers throw in a new method of advertising and, well, hope that I or others don't notice :/ I can assure you I didn't approve these ads. While we like to make some money, we also want to keep Neowin an enjoyable experience as well, with no crap blocking our (or your) own content.

Did they sneak this in also?

post-78314-0-44813000-1336274850_thumb.j

How are the advertisers having so much control over your sites content? This really feels like a security issue when a 3rd party can seemingly change your sites content in any way they want without you knowing. You know most sites that push malicious software on users do so via compromised ad networks?

Did they sneak this in also?

post-78314-0-44813000-1336274850_thumb.j

Nah, thats a new advertiser for the NeoGamr website, we're just what many other gaming sites do by adding skins.. they should only appear at most 2 or 3 times a day.

How are the advertisers having so much control over your sites content? This really feels like a security issue when a 3rd party can seemingly change your sites content in any way they want without you knowing. You know most sites that push malicious software on users do so via compromised ad networks?

In all fairness this doesn't happen often. The issue is when they have a code where they can push out multiple campaigns (which in this case is what happened). Once I was able to identify it, it was resolved immediately.

These things happen. I can assure you that we use trusted advertisers on Neowin; we don't chop and change every few months or even years so we have quite a good relationship with the parties that are involved.