10 posts in this topic

Posted

Cyanogenmod 9 for quad-core HTC One X released, most hardware features supported

If you love the powerful hardware, excellent screen, and beautiful design of the HTC One X, but would prefer your smartphone have a Sense-free, stock Android experience, the hacking community has answered your call. TripNRaVeR of the TripNDroid Mobile Engineering team has just posted a version of Cyanogenmod 9 for the One X, a ROM that'll bring an experience very similar to stock Android 4.0 to HTC's flagship device. While this hasn't been officially released through the Cyanogenmod site, the ROM was built using the open-source Cyanogenmod 9 files; currently, most of the hardware features are intact. The camera and Wi-Fi hotspot aren't working properly right now, and it takes a while for the phone's 3G connection to lock in initially. Mobile data, calls, and SMS all appear to be working, though there's no mention of how Google Play or third-party apps are working right now.

In keeping with the custom nature of Cyanogenmod, the developer has remapped the HTC One X's hardware buttons

Posted

Already? mini-w00t :D Gotta love Developers in general and CM9 AOSP builds for me are the only way to go!

Posted

Wish the Xperia S CM9 had been so swift. Will get there in the end though I guess.

Posted

Had to bring in my BlackBerry Torch 9860 in for repairs, so I pulled my old HTC Legend out of the mothballs and installed an unofficial Cyanogenmod9 rom onto it. While it's still in early beta I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with Android 4.0. It's just such a shame you can hardly can get any phones that ship with a vanilla Android version. I really dislike all the custom crap Samsung, HTC etc. add to the OS. :/

1 person likes this

Posted

Had to bring in my BlackBerry Torch 9860 in for repairs, so I pulled my old HTC Legend out of the mothballs and installed an unofficial Cyanogenmod9 rom onto it. While it's still in early beta I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with Android 4.0. It's just such a shame you can hardly can get any phones that ship with a vanilla Android version. I really dislike all the custom crap Samsung, HTC etc. add to the OS. :/

Granted I haven't used Sense since the hero, but it's my favourite custom skin. Touchwiz seems really heavy, so if I had any i'd rather that.

Posted

I just wish they release the final version of CM9 once and for all.....

Im thinking they are waiting for most phones to get a official update.

Posted

They are actually adding stuff via nightlies.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/

Posted

How is this posssible if the bootloader is still locked?

Posted

How is this posssible if the bootloader is still locked?

Isn't it just the AT&T version that has a locked bootloader?

Posted

They are actually adding stuff via nightlies.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/

No nightlies here even if Cyanogen is in charge of my device himself.....