[IE] Internet Explorer

Afternoon Everyone,

Hoping someone will have a recommendation or suggestion as part of this.

Microsoft have identified a problem with Internet Explorer 32bit on Windows 7 64bit.

The Group Policy settings that control Internet Explorer settings on the 64bit version of Internet Explorer works correctly when deployed through Group Policy, however the 32bit version of Internet Explorer seems to be unaffected.

The registry settings only seem to be copied to the 64bit section of the hive in the Windows 7 registry.

Does anyone know if its possible to set up policy so that when the user logs on, Group Policy preferences sets the appropriate settings in the registry, thus locking down the 32bit version of Internet Explorer on Windows 7 64bit.

Microsoft link enclosed if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952031

I could create a .reg file and import the settings statically on each Windows 7 system, however if it was all in Group Policy, its centrally controlled, which means if I made a change to the Group Policy that affects these settings, I could update Group Policy Preferences Registry settings at the same time.

I would be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

No-one have any recommendations in regards to this. Yes Microsoft's recommendation will work I admit, but surely someone thinks there's a cleaner and better way of achieving this?

Thanks