• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#166 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 August 2012 - 13:02

DayZ is going standalone!
Going to adopt the Minecraft model for pricing. Hopefully now we'll see a much more stable game as i'm asuming he'll have much better access to the engine.

http://dayzgame.com/

Personally i think this could be the best thing for it.

#167 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:01

^ Site isn't loading, but here's the statement on their Tumblr:

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.

I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

http://dayzdev.tumbl...f-the-beginning

#168 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:33

I've been playing DayZ for a couple months nearly and its pretty awesome. Updates have slowed down as they are focusing on Stand alone so I'm not playing as much as I was, kinda don't know what to do. I got a good few weapons now I just go hunting people.

#169 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:51

I was always a bit uncertain about how to get into this, and concerns about the bugginess of it... I'll wait for it to go standalone now and then will definitely pick it up!

#170 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:15

I was always a bit uncertain about how to get into this, and concerns about the bugginess of it... I'll wait for it to go standalone now and then will definitely pick it up!

I see where your coming from, as its Alpha it seems kinda silly to have to purchase a full game just to play an Alpha mod. It cost me around £15 from Bohemia directly and I think for the time I have played and enjoyed playing it was worth it.

As you said though as its going stand-alone now its worth waiting for. I've heard they will be doing the same pricing model as Minecraft with the Alpha version being cheap then gradually becoming more as it goes final.

#171 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:22

Yes, it will be using the Minecraft pricing model. I think that is the best way personally.
I've stopped playing it until the standalone is out. The bugs just got really annoying and each patch iteration seemed to fix one problem and break another 10 things. It just seemed it was never getting anywhere. Hopefully now he has a proper dev team and access to the engine, i think we'll see a much better game.

#172 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 19 September 2012 - 22:45

I have stoped playi and highly doubt ill play the standalone.

Friends UUID was taken over ( think i said this before )

But the person that took over the UUID got banned, so obviously my friend is banned now

*edit - ok i checked and i didn't, the character to the Hive is all based off the UID which is generated from the key, iv personally seen UID changers online, where you can pick a random UID and it will in turn change how you show up to BattleEye, Servers, and the DayZ Hive. Friend had it happen to him.

It started with him logging into different locations on the map from where he logged off, then went to different gear, dead. And now Banned.

As far as DayZ and BattleEye, they don't care, all their info only traces the UID, not the IP or other pertinent info

#173 Billaguana

Billaguana

Too tired to stop

• Phone: HTC Trophy

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:40

While looking for videos of the new maps, I came across this:

#174 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:44

Ive been able to successfully create a private server on my own machine. Still having issues bringing outside connections in correctly. Hoping to have it fulling working soon.

#175 Billaguana

Billaguana

Too tired to stop

• Phone: HTC Trophy

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:45

What you having issues with?

#176 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:46

Yes, it will be using the Minecraft pricing model. I think that is the best way personally.
I've stopped playing it until the standalone is out. The bugs just got really annoying and each patch iteration seemed to fix one problem and break another 10 things. It just seemed it was never getting anywhere. Hopefully now he has a proper dev team and access to the engine, i think we'll see a much better game.

Haven't touched it, either, since the announcement of the stand alone. While it was fun initially, I just got increasingly frustrated with some of the changes and the engine itself.

#177 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:49

What you having issues with?

I'm pretty sure its a port forwarding issue though I have it set up the same way I've done for other games on my router. I think my next attempt will be to set it up with a vpn because I suspect it doesn't like that its not being announced to the official servers and hive.

#178 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:33

Speaking of VPN, anyone know of a good guide on setting up a VPN specifically for making a game thing another system is on its lan network?

#179 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:54

Well the game is finally on Early Access on Steam for £19.99 or $29.99

They're stating it is very early alpha and buggy. So i'm not expecting much.

If it plays better than the mod, then i'm happy.

The new inventory system is in, so a lot of the annoyance of the mod is gone. No longer will i spend 40 minutes trying to move stuff around.

http://store.steampo...com/app/221100/

I don't know if we should start a new Official thread or get a mod to rename this one.

Launch Trailer

#180 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 17 December 2013 - 13:39

Well the game is finally on Early Access on Steam for £19.99 or $29.99

They're stating it is very early alpha and buggy. So i'm not expecting much.

If it plays better than the mod, then i'm happy.

The new inventory system is in, so a lot of the annoyance of the mod is gone. No longer will i spend 40 minutes trying to move stuff around.

http://store.steampo...com/app/221100/

I don't know if we should start a new Official thread or get a mod to rename this one.

Launch Trailer

12 pages isn't a lot to read through, but if you guys want an official thread I will close this one and let someone create the new one.