DayZ for Arma II

arma ii arma2 dayz

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#16 Reacon

Reacon

[VGW] Woohoo!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:12

Can we get a group going for this? If you click my sig it'll take you to my steam profile. Add me and I'll have everything downloaded tomorrow. This looks amazing.

#17 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:03

I would like to get into this, but with a cohesive group, the whole "Free to do whatever you want!" aspect means there's a bunch of griefers who call themselves bandits.

#18 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:45

So question, when I check out Operation Arrowhead, it says it is a standalone expansions, that it does not need Arma II to run, so does this mean one can only have it and play this mod, or do you really need both games?

EDIT - Never-mind, I see one actually needs Combined Operations, which is indeed both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead

#19 Reacon

Reacon

[VGW] Woohoo!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:48

So question, when I check out Operation Arrowhead, it says it is a standalone expansions, that it does not need Arma II to run, so does this mean one can only have it and play this mod, or do you really need both games?

You need combined operations, which is basically both of them. If you right click on OA in Steam, you'll see what I mean.

#20 Kerm

Kerm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:55

The cheapest I've found Arma X is £24.99 in the UK, which I believe is a pack of all the expansions and the original game.
Has anyone found it cheaper anywhere? I'd love to give this a try.

#21 Singh400

Singh400

.rawr / .android.whore

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:26

A bunch of friends are playing this and they are loving it. I would join in, but I don't have enough hours in the week to start gaming again. They described it as a game version of The Walking Dead.

#22 Scazza

Scazza

___/\____\o/____ - Shark!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:19

Saw this on Kotaku too and it has really got me interested in giving this a go! So much that I have installed Windows on my MacBook Pro! I've also bought a Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter to hook it up to my HDTV. As this and Diablo III are going to get me playing some games that aren't on consoles!

#23 HellboundIRL

HellboundIRL

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:47

I love that this is getting ArmA some love :D ....it's very different but it's all good.

I'm really enjoying this, although every player I've come across so far has been a total douche and opened fire almost immediately.

#24 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:46

whats the cheapest we can get this in the US? I am really wanting to give this a try

#25 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 13 May 2012 - 21:48

whats the cheapest we can get this in the US? I am really wanting to give this a try

Seems like $30....

#26 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:44

Cheapest in the UK I can find is £19.95. Thats for a Direct Download of ArmA 2 & ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead from GamersGate http://www.gamersgat...erations-bundle

#27 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

Posted 14 May 2012 - 14:45

Myself and a clan mate of mine have got it up and running. So if anyone fancies teaming up add me on Steam - c0agulated

We've also got a TeamSpeak server for comms.

We're UK Based and will probably be playing quite a bit of it over the next 36 hours or so!

:)

#28 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 14 May 2012 - 18:31

Just taken the plunge & purchased ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead from Steam for £24.99. Too excited to wait for a drop in price so just went for it! Won't be playing until tomorrow though as to download 15GB it'll take me between 5-7 Hours according to Steam.

#29 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

Posted 14 May 2012 - 19:05

Been playing on a Norwegian server... and it's been dark for the past hour or two of play. Just about **** myself 4 times... Oh and for the the record; Zombies can swim.

#30 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 14 May 2012 - 19:09

I'm reading another option, instead of getting full versions of both, only really need the multiplayer of ARMAII.

can do Arma II Free, thn get operation arrowhead, save some bucks

There is a post about it in the DayZ forums

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!