Windows 8 : Improving experience for desktop users

Okay so have read many posts since last year that Start screen is not what a desktop user would visit every now and then.

So umm , i was trying this out :

post-293012-0-00368300-1338757601.png

And pressed start button , to see this :

post-293012-0-76104300-1338757899_thumb.

So my point is , is there any way we can make every darn win32 application to be at top ? This way we can get a start screen as a wallpaper and (if possible) taskbar to be at top of it.

I don't know if it is not doable , but i guess it is...

PS : Yes , Vice City in 2012 :)

To be honest, I'm really surprised that Task Manager has that behaviour. It looks like it might be a bug.

I can't imagine why you would want your task launcher sitting on the desktop but this just doesn't look like a workable solution to me.

My point is to use Start Screen just the way umm we use Rainmeter themes and stuff. Seriously desktop users should always stay in desktop app and metro should come inside desktop , if MS really wants desktop users to use Metro. What's the point of having Facebook and Twitter apps on your desktop when you can have them as tabs in any browser with ease? Also , the time it takes to load those apps just makes them not good for Desktop. Only benefits desktop ppl get are live tiles and notifications.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that Task Manager has that behaviour. It looks like it might be a bug.

I can't imagine why you would want your task launcher sitting on the desktop but this just doesn't look like a workable solution to me.

It used to stay on top of Metro by default in the DP, likely so you can view Metro processes directly without having to go back to the desktop.

It used to stay on top of Metro by default in the DP, likely so you can view Metro processes directly without having to go back to the desktop.

Yeah, I was just playing around with it and came to the same conclusion. It does feel weird though :)