When do you think Aero will emerge?

When do you think Aero will emerge into the leaked builds?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Aero will emerge into the leaked builds?

• Late Alpha stages
    • Early Beta stages
    • Mid Beta stages
    • Late Beta stages

"When they're ready" :yes:

Exactly! (Y)

and I believe it will be ready in Beta 1 - although it will be incomplete and far from the final look and feel.

Newer isnt better, Only slower.

I cant understand what all the fuss is about with Aero .. the current builds of longhorn are so full of useless resource oinking eyecandy that its barely useable with todays machines .. now you want Aero on top of it and fully functional .. best case its going to be a DVD hogging titanic install that will barely run with the resources available to the 64bit machines that are just barely on the market today ..

Everyone will be back to waiting for there computers again and look back nostalgicly on the days when windowsXP would start up in under a minute and run fast on the apps that were available then ..

Remember the golden rule, if your software is not already two years old its two new, buggy, slow and incompatible with the majority of the computers out there in the business world that are running two year old software ..

That was a great RANT, I feel so much better now :D

the current builds of longhorn are so full of useless resource oinking eyecandy that its barely useable with todays machines

I know. It's not as if IT'S AN ALPHA or anything. :rolleyes:

I cant understand what all the fuss is about with Aero .. the current builds of longhorn are so full of useless resource oinking eyecandy that its barely useable with todays machines .. now you want Aero on top of it and fully functional .. best case its going to be a DVD hogging titanic install that will barely run with the resources available to the 64bit machines that are just barely on the market today ..

Everyone will be back to waiting for there computers again and look back nostalgicly on the days when windowsXP would start up in under a minute and run fast on the apps that were available then ..

Remember the golden rule, if your software is not already two years old its two new, buggy, slow and incompatible with the majority of the computers out there in the business world that are running two year old software ..

i can't wait until longhorn is released so i can proove you wrong :p your statements are so full of **** it's laughable.

i can't wait until longhorn is released so i can proove you wrong :p your statements are so full of **** it's laughable.

You should still be using DOS and have never upgraded to anything newer ever going by the crap you write.

You just showed what a complete idiot you are, hope your happy :D

I was led to believe that Aero is more than just another skin, but is a totally re-designed system for operating windows, via a 3D driven interface which is not resolution or pixel dependant. Which would be just as capable, if not more so, than they Aqua interface adopted by Apple OS

"Aero is the new Windows user experience. Aero consists of guidelines, recommendations, and user experience values that help your applications get the most out of the Microsoft? Windows? Code Name "Longhorn" pillars: rich presentation (Code Name "Avalon"), data (Code Name "WinFS"), and communication (Code Name "Indigo")."

This is from the Longhorn Developer center on MSDN. Check it out for more info on this "Aero".

Longhorn Developer Center Link

Aero is a new way of displaying info via GUI. Its a technology very diffrent from anything windows has ever done. Its a standard that drives Avalon-powered GUIs. Most likely Longhorn will come with several styles with thier own names (Luna, Plex, Slate)