Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:02

I just see a red x.

#3 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:22

he really should wash his hair, go out more and learn to deliver a well thought rational argument without straying from his point and pausing constantly.

#4 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:11

Sounds like a rant to me. I don't agree with anything he said. Maybe he should stick to Windows or OS X.

#5 simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• Phone: Nokia 603 Symbian belle fp2, Xperia SL 4.1.2

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:17

Sounds like a rant to me. I don't agree with anything he said. Maybe he should stick to Windows or OS X.

He is a linux user, If you checked his channel and his videos, I agree with him, experienced user can find flaws in any OS, be it linux, OSX or windows.

#6 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:23

I agree with him

Youtube users don't appear to:

90 likes vs 118 dislikes

case closed ;)

#7 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:30

Youtube users don't appear to

Yet there are still 90 likes according to you.

#8 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:44

I used the captions... Wow they're pretty funny!
Only listened to the first bit about sound architecture and he's just copying a rant that's been done before, many years ago.
But yes it's true, there's: alsa, oss, esd, pulseaudio, jack, gstreamer... Why the **** didn't they just all work on ONE sound system in the first place and then sound support on linux would be awesome.

#9 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:10

I just see a red x.

Hey!

Me too!! :)

Don't need to listen to some one making any points about any OS. They ALL have their good and bad points.

#10 Cøi

Cøi

The Aviator

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:18

he really should wash his hair, go out more and learn to deliver a well thought rational argument without straying from his point and pausing constantly.

You don't agree with someone, let's just bash his appearance. Now that is completely on-topic. :rolleyes:

#11 shine_victim

shine_victim

Neowinian

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:28

This guy is completely right in what he is saying regarding the Linux community.

Many moons ago when attempting to take my first dive into Linux I asked around the intertubes for some advice on where to start regarding OS distro etc. The answers given were exactly as outlined in the video/rant. "Use whatever one suits your needs", "Stop asking other people and do your own work". All I was looking was a bit of guidance yet all I received was pointless replies telling me how stupid I was regarding Linux/Unix etc.

The guy is right regarding the community and if you think he is wrong then I am afraid you are more than likely one of the douches that act the way this chap is outlining.

Linux is great for what it is, a free alternative to Microsoft/Apple OS's BUT it is still a hell of a long way off being anywhere near where these two giants are.

#12 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:51

This guy is completely right in what he is saying regarding the Linux community.

No he isn't. If you ask stupid questions anywhere on the web you'll likely get flamed or belittled at some point in time. However, that's not representative of the community. If you have exhausted other avenues (namely Google), and have a legitimate question, then you'll receive a fair response. I liken it to someone who comments on an article or post without reading it fully first and jumping to conclusions. Everyone needs to do their due diligence beforehand.

But I guess for some people it's just easier to stereotype things and lump everyone into the same category.

#13 Farstrider

Farstrider

The Clash

Posted 17 July 2012 - 15:11

^Basically what I was going to post a few hours ago but my service provider was down ...

All I see is a basement dweller, with greasy hair who can barely speak English, making huge generalizations. Sorry but I find people like this extremely annoying.

#14 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 20:14

No he isn't. If you ask stupid questions anywhere on the web you'll likely get flamed or belittled at some point in time. However, that's not representative of the community. If you have exhausted other avenues (namely Google), and have a legitimate question, then you'll receive a fair response. I liken it to someone who comments on an article or post without reading it fully first and jumping to conclusions. Everyone needs to do their due diligence beforehand.

But I guess for some people it's just easier to stereotype things and lump everyone into the same category.

No, some people only hang around in forums/irc channels so they can post links to lmgtfy

#15 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 July 2012 - 20:19

Hey!

Me too!! :)

Don't need to listen to some one making any points about any OS. They ALL have their good and bad points.

That's true, although Linux users should think about the bad points of their OS, because on the desktop Linux has seen minimal adoption, while OSX has managed to become a definite 2nd place to Windows (like Bing is to Google).

I'm not sure about the points he made, but I feel if the Linux community worked together to create one distribution, instead of tons of forks, Linux would be a lot better. Imagine what would have happened to Firefox or OpenOffice if everyone put their effort into making FF and OO forks instead of just working on improving the core program. Sure, there are programs like K-Meleon and NeoOffice, but for the most part everyone focused on one thing.