WZOR: Microsoft has just signed-off Windows 8 RTM, Build 8888.16384

From that 9200 screenshot, why the thick non transparent borders, god, why o why?

Without transparency, they look horrid.

In win7 the windows border can be modified thru HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\PaddedBorderWidth; don't know if it's the same for win8.

btw, no news of a sign-off, is it on 9200.16835 and another waiting? :|

WZOR is still standing firm on his ground as of to-day:

screen1125.jpg

Google translate:

so is enough fluderasit! said the same: The first assembly in the project was the assembly of Windows 9: 9200.16384.120725-1247, and it is not RTM WIndows 8 ... Final RTM Windows 8 build 8888 only those who put it mildly, we took the news is edited and issued for his multiple nakosyachil with the translation that is not new, powerful and great in the Russian language, and now this web is buzzing about some nonsense without knowing the true cases, more than listen to any imaging Pasteur .... With regards to accessibility distributions of checks, check, and while they are in the "zone of quality control," nobody will merge! As soon as they officially will give OEMschikam and will probably sink ... If something changes be sure to let! and forget about the assembly of 9200 .... Yes, and yet, no fix in the RTM has entered the distribution will not just October 3 will be available the first update for Windows 8 on Windows Update ...

In win7 the windows border can be modified thru HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\PaddedBorderWidth; don't know if it's the same for win8.

btw, no news of a sign-off, is it on 9200.16835 and another waiting? :|

I don't know about the registry but in the msstyles you can now set it have no border at all which is great. In Vista/7 if you did that you'd still have about 4 pixels of border left.

I don't know about the registry but in the msstyles you can now set it have no border at all which is great. In Vista/7 if you did that you'd still have about 4 pixels of border left.

Yes, it's in the change windows color->advanced, but I think this option does not exist in win8.

Any updates on RTM build and - thus possibly - TN/MSDN-availability yet?

News are mixed, and hard fighting between the "8888 guys" and "9200 guys" - better wait for things to become clear. LOL

My personal view is : 8888 is Plan A; 9200 is Plan B. :laugh:

News are mixed, and hard fighting between the "8888 guys" and "9200 guys" - better wait for things to become clear. LOL

My personal view is : 8888 is Plan A; 9200 is Plan B. :laugh:

8888 isn't going to be possible to use due to the number causing an issue with some internal software at MS, 9200 is going to be final. The way MS works is, once a newer build is compiled, the old build has been superseded and is no longer being considered.

8888 isn't going to be possible to use due to the number causing an issue with some internal software at MS, 9200 is going to be final. The way MS works is, once a newer build is compiled, the old build has been superseded and is no longer being considered.

Remember Vista RTM? :)

Another post in PCBeta: KMS and MAK keys are available in VLSC, expect downloads would be available by next Wed. (incidentally, Mary Jo also claimed that OEM's will get their copies on Aug. 1) :)

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...081649-1-1.html

Well the website is in Chinese so I can't read it.

But how do you know it is a genuine version of Windows 8. Be careful because if it's not,Windows won't activate. And it will go into restricted mode after 30 days.

The only safe place to download is from the Microsoft website,where you downloaded Windows 8 RP. Andrea Borman.

Well the website is in Chinese so I can't read it.

But how do you know it is a genuine version of Windows 8. Be careful because if it's not,Windows won't activate. And it will go into restricted mode after 30 days.

The only safe place to download is from the Microsoft website,where you downloaded Windows 8 RP. Andrea Borman.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx :)

btw, VLSC has another name : MS Official Leak Centre. :laugh:

But 9200 builds are early builds for Windows 9 ...

For MSDN/TechNet Mary Jo Foley said during Windows Weekly that she'd been hearing August 1st or around theere. Which would be smart. Windows 7 was 15 days after RTM, but like I said earlier, they need to get RTM into developers hands ASAP. There is no reason to sit on it, because the clock is ticking for October 26th and they need more apps in the store.

For MSDN/TechNet Mary Jo Foley said during Windows Weekly that she'd been hearing August 1st or around theere. Which would be smart. Windows 7 was 15 days after RTM, but like I said earlier, they need to get RTM into developers hands ASAP. There is no reason to sit on it, because the clock is ticking for October 26th and they need more apps in the store.

If devs are in a hurry, they can make their apps in the RP. Porting it to RTM shouldn't take 3 months.

If devs are in a hurry, they can make their apps in the RP. Porting it to RTM shouldn't take 3 months.

Porting it won't -- starting something will. I haven't touched Visual Studio 2012 + Metro apps yet, and won't until it RTMs.

Update: Just got a tip-off from Taiwan: "Redmond is very inclined to name build 8888 as win8RTM, and there is high probablitiy that it will be."

Seems Plan A is prevailing :D

We've never seen hard info directly from MS about the 16/100 rule (only a very detailed post), but 8888 definitely breaks that. So it will be interesting to see if all of that was just smoke, or they made some change to where that doesn't apply anymore.

(I'm not particularly interested in WHAT the build number is, just when it's done... but I'm trying to get my post count up to 2000 by my 11 year anniversary, so posting a little more than usual :p)

There was a 5808, 5824, 5840, then RTM went final at 6000

Oh I just made a slip, my bad. :)

We've never seen hard info directly from MS about the 16/100 rule (only a very detailed post), but 8888 definitely breaks that. So it will be interesting to see if all of that was just smoke, or they made some change to where that doesn't apply anymore.

(I'm not particularly interested in WHAT the build number is, just when it's done... but I'm trying to get my post count up to 2000 by my 11 year anniversary, so posting a little more than usual :p)

Neither am I interested in build numbers or QFE's, just hope they can quickly solve it and get the RTM out. :laugh: