Meet the browser: Chrome Next

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 22.0.1229.12 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A complete log of what changed can be found in the svn revision log. Instructions and download links for our different release channels are available on the Chromium wiki. If you find what you think is a new bug, please file it in our issue tracker.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

Anyone can help with this issue?

Try unticking this:

cfK48.png

Actually reverting back to the default Downloads folder sorted this out!

Great!! This one method is from ABP forum..

Beta Channel Update

The Chrome team is exceedingly excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 22 to the Beta channel. Chrome 22.0.1229.14 has a number of new and exciting updates including:

• Mouse Lock API availability for Javascript
  • Additional Windows 8 enhancements
  • Continued polish for users of HiDPI/Retina screens

You can find out more about Chrome 22 on the Official Chrome Blog. Full details about what's in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Found a bug? Report it! On a different channel, but want to join us on the Beta train? The Chromium wiki has you covered.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 23.0.1243.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame platforms

All

• Updated V8 - 3.13.1.0
  • Updated WebKit - 537.6
  • SessionStorage is now persisted on disk; it?s stored and restored by the session restore system

Windows

• Fix Print Preview on WIndows XP (Issue: 140044)

Linux

• Fix GPU rendering failing on Nvidia cards if the kernel supports BPF sandboxing (Issue: 140214).

Known Issues

• Tab strip context menu not working (Issue: 144425)

More details about additional changes are available in the svn log of all revision.

You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium....ved/dev-channel.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

Karen Grunberg

Google Chrome

Is there any advantages using SRware Iron over Chrome if any. Thanks

http://www.srware.ne...9c272408797008d

Not really. Iron is a browser that claims to have superior privacy over Chrome but all it really does is remove features they claim to be privacy issues when you can just disable them in options anyway. If anything, the entire

project is a bit of a sham. It plays on peoples paranoia of Google and doesn't do anything special, and if anything, they're purposely misleading on how Iron differs from Chrome which is practically nothing.

Anyone else having issues with fav icons in the latest dev-build?

Yes - they keep disappearing and re-appearing at random. Rather annoying.

Glad it's not just me and actually an issue on Chrome's side. It's indeed rather annoying.

^Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they'll release an update for the dev-builds soon :)

^That's because it's the first build in which it is present. I installed that build last week and with that build I discovered the build. We're still waiting for the new version to fix this.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 23.0.1246.0 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains following updates:

• Updated V8 - 3.13.3.1
  • Updated WebKit - 537.8
  • Fixed favicons not showing in tab buttons. [issue: 144253]
  • Fixed cloud-printer being treated as local-printer problem. [issue: 144048]

Full details about what changes are in this build are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Dharani Govindan

Google Chrome

^Just got the notification of it in Chrome. Good to see the favicons being fixed because that bug was quite annoying.

^Just got the notification of it in Chrome. Good to see the favicons being fixed because that bug was quite annoying.

Not quite fixed for me, still get the odd one disappear from my bookmarks.

Hm, I'm not experiencing any bugs with favicons anymore on my end. There's no extension that could be causing the issue?

Hm, I'm not experiencing any bugs with favicons anymore on my end. There's no extension that could be causing the issue?

I'm not experiencing anymore either, although I did have to exit Chrome a couple of times and re-launch it for ti to update the favicon on the bookmark bar.

Beta Channel Update

The Beta channel has been updated to 22.0.1229.26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A complete log of what changed can be found in the svn revision log. Instructions and download links for our different release channels are available on the Chromium wiki. If you find what you think is a new bug, please file it in our issue tracker.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Disables the zoom icon/bubble

Glad they got rid of the bubble, at least for now. I use mouse gestures to zoom and the popup would be an annoyance between zoom actions. The zoom icon that appeared in the location bar I didn't mind though.