Meet the browser: Chrome Next

New change in Chromium 22, which can allow you to change configuration on per site basis right from identity icon.

waPID.png

Don't forget to add: http://peter.sh/

• Like 2

I can not edit my post anymore :(

PM a mod and they will edit it for you.

P.S. It's about time you Chrome junkies finally got some common sense and create a single thread for all of your releases. Firefox has had their own for more than a year.

I just wonder if Google will ever try a new GUI... those tabs are... :no:

What's supposedly "wrong" with the tabs in Chrome?

Absolutely nothing. Google gets the concept of not messing around with GUI and just focusing on what really matters: performance and features. If only Mozilla could take a hint, they could catch up on those areas.

I just don't like them aesthetically. I would like something more minimal and (at least apparently) more OS integrated.

I just don't like them aesthetically. I would like something more minimal and (at least apparently) more OS integrated.

I disagree. The tabs in Chrome are very simple, minimalist and efficient. I really don't like the angular tabs seen in other browsers and Mozilla has clearly come to the same conclusion as they're looking to change to a style similar to Chrome's tabs. Google hit on a very good UI from the get-go and it's one of the few browsers to not undergo considerable visual changes.

PM a mod and they will edit it for you.

Done

At the beginning I thought like you but now I won't miss them.

and Mozilla has clearly come to the same conclusion as they're looking to change to a style similar to Chrome's tabs.

Yes, but Australis tabs are, for me, more aesthetically pleasant.

Yes, but Australis tabs are, for me, more aesthetically pleasant.

Don't see that much of a difference

Don't see that much of a difference

I like the curves and how everything is integrated in the title bar. The GUI in Australis, for me, it's more elegant while in Chrome it's... blank, for a lack of a better word.

Firefox-Australis.jpg

New change in Chromium 22, which can allow you to change configuration on per site basis right from identity icon.

waPID.png

Don't forget to add: http://peter.sh/

I'm using Google Chrome v22.0.1215.3 dev-m and I don't have that. Come on Google update the branch!!

I'm using Google Chrome v22.0.1215.3 dev-m and I don't have that. Come on Google update the branch!!

I am on Chromium 22.0.1221.0 (Build 148901)..

Also in Chrome 22, Google enabled hardware accelerated video decode.

Lets see when Aura UI of Chrome OS lands on desktop..

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 22.0.1221.0 for Windows and Mac. This update has an updated version of V8 (3.12.16.0) along with other improvements. A complete log of what changed can be found in the svn revision log. Instructions and download links for our different release channels are available on the Chromium wiki. If you find what you think is a new bug, please file it in our issue tracker.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

The new site information pop-up from Zlip792's screenshot is in this build.

I'm running the latest Canary build (dev build?) along with the latest Chromium build as well. Anything Flash eventually crashes on me in Canary, but not Chromium. Actually thinking about going back to the beta channel until the Flash issue is resolved, as it is rather annoying obviously. I've reported it so hopefully other people are having the same issue and Google can work on it at some point :)

I'm running the latest Canary build (dev build?) along with the latest Chromium build as well. Anything Flash eventually crashes on me in Canary, but not Chromium. Actually thinking about going back to the beta channel until the Flash issue is resolved, as it is rather annoying obviously. I've reported it so hopefully other people are having the same issue and Google can work on it at some point :)

did they fix the flickering issue in the dev build? I switched to stable because of that.

will switch once they fix it.

I hadn't seen any flickering. Any place specific you saw it? Like, full page scrolling or full screen games or something? I can try to see if I can reproduce the issue I suppose.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Google Chrome 95 (offline installer)
      by Razvan Serea

The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser.

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store.

Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features.

Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature.

Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 75.3 MB
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 72.5 MB
      Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows (automatic update)
      View: Chrome Website | v95.0.4638.54 Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      Google Chrome 94.0.4606.81 (offline installer)
      by Razvan Serea

The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser.

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store.

Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features.

Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature.

Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 75.7 MB
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 73.0 MB
      View: Chrome Website | v94.0.4606.81 Release Notes

• By hellowalkman
      The Windows 11-styled Chrome menus are now live in Canary channel
      by Sayan Sen

Right now, there is a lot of buzz in the tech community surrounding the upcoming Windows 11 OS from Microsoft, and in a recent leak from the Chromium Gerrit, we learned that the development team at Google's Chrome is working on a new project featuring Windows 11-styled context menus. As such, the new context menus will sport the rounded corner-styled theme that the next-gen OS is bringing with it.

In fact, a recent sample survey among the U.S.- based PC users even showed that a large number of participants have found the new Windows 11 aesthetic and UI the most appealing feature of the OS. So it kinda makes sense for Google to go in this direction.

The same Reddit user who had spotted the earlier Gerrit code has now also posted images of the upcoming Windows 11-style context menu with rounded corners, which have been obtained from the Chrome Canary channel (image above).

The associated Chrome flag, when we enter chrome://flags in the address bar, further confirms that the feature can be enabled across all versions of Windows, something that was already expected from the earlier leaked code.

So we had a look at it on Windows 10 and here's is how it appears:

However, since the new Windows 11 style Chrome menus are now just a part of Canary channel, it may take a while before it reaches the final Stable build as there likely will be plenty of bugs to resolve.

Source and images: Leopeva64-2 (Reddit)

• By Copernic
      Google Chrome 94.0.4606.71 (offline installer)
      by Razvan Serea

Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 75.7 MB
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 73.0 MB
      View: Chrome Website | v94.0.4606.71 Release Notes

• By Usama Jawad96
      Google Chrome will soon show you suggestions for Drive files when you open a new tab
      by Usama Jawad

Due to the fact that Google Chrome is used by billions of people all over the globe, the browser is regularly updated with new features and improvements to cater to the ever-changing needs of its user base. Just yesterday, we learned that Chrome is likely getting rounded corners to match the design language of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 11 release. Now, Google has revealed that it will soon start surfacing Drive files when you open a new tab in Chrome.

The company says that rather than showing you files based on recency, the content surfaced will be based on "intelligent suggestions". According to Google, this will save users time and mental effort in finding the file that they need as they will be able to grab it directly from the new user interface provided on a new Chrome tab, as can be seen below:

Google says that this experience will be enabled by default if you haven't customized the New Tab Page interface. If an IT admin has set a custom experience for New Tab Page at an organizational level, this feature will not be enabled by default for those users. IT admins can head to this page to find out how to toggle the setting. Meanwhile, non-organizational users can simply utilize the "Customize Chrome" button in the bottom right corner to enable or disable Google Drive cards.

Intelligent suggestions for Google Drive cards in Chrome have been set to release on a "Gradual rollout" basis, which means that it may take up to 15 days for the feature to become visible to you. We don't have it on our devices yet. It is being rolled out to all personal Google accounts, Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.