Meet the browser: Chrome Next

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting flag landed in Chromium 35 right now:

Previously it was behind commandline:

--enable-bleeding-edge-rendering-fast-paths

Commit message:

Add about:flags entry for --enable-bleeding-edge-rendering-fast-paths. BUG=353107 NOTRY=true Review URL: https://codereview.chromium.org/201823002

It makes content rendering super fast.

Interesting flag landed in Chromium 35 right now:

Previously it was behind commandline:

Commit message:

It makes content rendering super fast.

It's really fast, have you found pages where it breaks, yet?

It's really fast, have you found pages where it breaks, yet?

Facebook Photo viewer...

Restrict about:flags for the --enable-bleeding-edge-rendering-fast-paths to Android only.

And yeah, DirectWrite is in Dev now, it looks better most of the time but there are still some issues with Narrow font types etc.

So tonight Chrome decided to constantly crash on me running Version 35.0.1916.14 dev-m, 

Anyone else having this issue? Never have had any issues with the Dev version so don't know how to reset my profile manually

Damn thing made me use IE long enough to download the portable version of Chrome just to get here,

So tonight Chrome decided to constantly crash on me running Version 35.0.1916.14 dev-m, 

Anyone else having this issue? Never have had any issues with the Dev version so don't know how to reset my profile manually

Damn thing made me use IE long enough to download the portable version of Chrome just to get here,

go into Chromes online Help section an findout how or dont use the dev versions

Start Chrome then, In the few seconds before the crash, go to settings and sign out of Chrome,

this makes Chrome usable again until a fix becomes available.

Horrible font issue in Version 36.0.1926.0 (261726)..

tAe5scg.png

Also if some people face issues with Aw snap thingy disable DirectWrite it will fix it.

I'm running 35.0.1916.17 dev.

I noticed that the Chrome Notification icon in my OS X menu bar is back. So I went to chrome://flags to disable "Enable Rich Notifications Mac, Windows" and it isn't there anymore   :s  Is that temporary or is Google now forcing us to have that?

Canary is now 64bit for Windows x64!

Indeed!!!

qx5dp3h.png

So in short we can assume that 64-bit in Chrome at least is ready for prime time..

Say what?!?

Did they ever fix this issue with 64-bit Chrome/Chromium on Windows?

EDIT: Nope, still cut off here in 64-bit Canary and Chromium on Windows 8.1. Bummer. :(

It looks fine here, are you sure it's not a problem with your configuration?

Im having problems since the last update with photobucket, i can't watch videos, flash seems loaded but it just white. Videos are OK with Firefox and IE

Having third party cookies blocked was the problem