X-Men: Days of Future Past

They have a huge opportunity to show that although the movies are separate, the characters exist in the same universe. It seems like they're only using the two characters as a way of telling Marvel "Hey, you can't have them. But if you really want them, then we'll get them first."

It truly is lame and childish.

Well, unless I'm missing something, there's nothing barring Marvel from casting the same actor in the role of Quicksilver... I mean, I can't think of a situation where terms disallowing you from working for someone else after your obligations are up would be deemed reasonable...?

Well, unless I'm missing something, there's nothing barring Marvel from casting the same actor in the role of Quicksilver... I mean, I can't think of a situation where terms disallowing you from working for someone else after your obligations are up would be deemed reasonable...?

It won't happen, Whedon will cast someone else

More tweets:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

A crossover is very unlikely at this point. As much as we'd like it, it wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint. Marvel and Fox are competing with one another. The only way I see it working out is if a third party offers a monetary incentive or both studios work out a mutually-beneficial deal. The only hope I had left for a crossover was Fox's right to the X-Men characters eventually expiring. I guess that will never happen.

Disney will eventually buy all the rights back from everyone. But thats not going to happen until superhero movies are not super-red-hot anymore, which doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Disney will eventually buy all the rights back from everyone. But thats not going to happen until superhero movies are not super-red-hot anymore, which doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Disney could probably do it now if they wanted

i have no hope for this film.. they couldn't do a coherent story for the first ones, what chance do they have when they're messing with time lines too, pity Joss Whedon wasn't doing it...

i have no hope for this film.. they couldn't do a coherent story for the first ones, what chance do they have when they're messing with time lines too, pity Joss Whedon wasn't doing it...

I would up for a Whedon X-Men film but sadly it will never happen :(

More tweets:

A crossover is very unlikely at this point. As much as we'd like it, it wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint. Marvel and Fox are competing with one another. The only way I see it working out is if a third party offers a monetary incentive or both studios work out a mutually-beneficial deal. The only hope I had left for a crossover was Fox's right to the X-Men characters eventually expiring. I guess that will never happen.

I bet Marvel/Disney are regretting that the rights have been sold to FOX. Imagine if Marvel still had the rights to all characters film-wise. Though I guess this is the only way we'll be able to have plenty of movies based off of Marvel characters.

Though, completely off topic, I'm not really a fan of Robert Liefeld :p

I find it VERY hard to believe that Fox has the X-Men rights forever... LOL Everything expires at some point, and it would be ridiculous to sign a deal that didn't...

I find it VERY hard to believe that Fox has the X-Men rights forever... LOL Everything expires at some point, and it would be ridiculous to sign a deal that didn't...

They will expire one day but not for the forseeable future

It does kinda. I didn't notice that. LOL

It's very exciting that it looks like there's going to be some serious Sentinel action this time around. We've been waiting a long time... LOL

That logo is pretty awesome. I really hope that the Sentinel action is LOADS better than what we saw in X3, lol. Everyone had high hopes for the Sentinels in that movie.

That logo is pretty awesome. I really hope that the Sentinel action is LOADS better than what we saw in X3, lol. Everyone had high hopes for the Sentinels in that movie.

I second that... LOL

It's going to be tough waiting for this movie. Especially with all these teasers... LOL

^Exactly what I mean, haha. All we got to see is a head that didn't even look like a proper sentinel.

I second that... LOL

It's going to be tough waiting for this movie. Especially with all these teasers... LOL

I REALLY hope they're not going to give too much away with all the teasers. I know that I won't see all the teasers anyway, just like with "Man of Steel" etc. I feel like they spoil half of the movie these days with all the teasers, trailers and tv spots.

Mavels old, or should I say, original deal with studios, Fox, Sony, were that they keep the rights as long as they make a new movie within 5 years. That's why we get a spiderman reboot from Sony so quick and why Fox is going to do any X-men related films they can think of. Whoever worked out this deal for Marvel was an idiot at the time because not only is it hard to get them back right now but Marvel also gets such a small cut from the profits that it's pretty much a joke.