X-Men: Days of Future Past

Bishop looks pretty cool actually.

Actually, I just found a bigger picture and it has future Wolverine on it:

k-bigpic.jpg

He's turning gray :p Some people might think it's odd since he's 'immortal' but he's still aging of course. His healing factor just makes him age slower than normal humans. He's completely gray and even older in "Old Man Logan". Either way, he looks pretty cool as well.

Man, Patrick Stewart looks kinda upset being there...

Lol, I'm sure they're not expressing their real feelings in those photos, but the feelings of the characters :

Yeah, but his dream is being destroyed by the Sentinels and others and Senator Kelly is about to get killed as well.

You don't know the "Days of Future Past" comics? Also, X-Men First Class is still in no way connected with the first 3 films. Just because the same actors are playing the older characters doesn't mean they're linking things. If they would do that, they'd be messing things up with Senator Kelly as you also implied. They could always back that up with different timelines though.

Senator Kelly is in the original story though. He hasn't been cast yet, which I didn't know. So I'm kinda starting to doubt now too :/ But so far they've stayed true to the original with loads of things, even Wolverine's gray hair.

Personally I don't think they'd change the fact that Senator Kelly is in the "Days of Future Past" story just for this movie. He's key figure/important part of the original story. In the original story the team from the past has to stop the assassination of Senator Kelly. Kitty Pride is being sent from the future to tell the team of the past about the assassination. In her time the assassination has happened and the world hunts down every mutant and brings them close to extinction.

czs2.png

Omar Sy will play Bishop....? As a frenchman myself, please allow me to go all W.T.F on this, WTH were they thinking?

You don't know the "Days of Future Past" comics? Also, X-Men First Class is still in no way connected with the first 3 films. Just because the same actors are playing the older characters doesn't mean they're linking things. If they would do that, they'd be messing things up with Senator Kelly as you also implied. They could always back that up with different timelines though.

Senator Kelly is in the original story though. He hasn't been cast yet, which I didn't know. So I'm kinda starting to doubt now too :/ But so far they've stayed true to the original with loads of things, even Wolverine's gray hair.

Personally I don't think they'd change the fact that Senator Kelly is in the "Days of Future Past" story just for this movie. He's key figure/important part of the original story. In the original story the team from the past has to stop the assassination of Senator Kelly. Kitty Pride is being sent from the future to tell the team of the past about the assassination. In her time the assassination has happened and the world hunts down every mutant and brings them close to extinction.

I'm pretty sure X-Men: First Class and the 3 X-Men movies with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen take place in the same movie universe. The stories of the first 3 movies are incompatible with Days of Future Past but they can easily retell them with time travel. In the first movie, Senator Kelly was artificially mutated with a machine built by Magneto. He dies because of the artificial mutation so he wasn't really "assassinated". I wouldn't be surprised if he was assassinated before Magneto's henchmen abduct him in the first movie. That would change a lot of things like the supposed death of Cyclops and the death of Jean Grey as well as Professor X.

Also, I doubt they'd go out of their way to cast the same actors for unrelated movies. Even the Wolverine movies take place in the same universe. The newest one, The Wolverine, is supposed to be after The Last Stand and before Days of Future Past.

^That's kinda why I started doubting what I believed they were doing. And why I said the bit about different timelines :p The Last Stand already had Sentinels to begin with so that could've been the start of the fight between humans and mutants. Too bad Sentinels were added to The Last Stand just because they're part of the X-Men without actually making them part of the movie.

I did believe that they'd go out of their way to cast the same actors without linking this movie to the other 3. I knew about the Wolverine films being part of the same universe as the first 3 films but I thought First Class was just a reboot and actually not part of that same universe, kinda like how they do that with comic books.

Cyclops is still rumored to be part of this movie though. If they're going to have Cyclops in the past, then I hope they're going to show Havok and Cyclops being reunited again.

It does make Bryan Singer's take on the story interesting though. I'm really eager to see this movie. I just hope that the films won't feel cramped because I don't think a story like Days of Future Past is easily done in 1 movie.

Omar Sy will play Bishop....? As a frenchman myself, please allow me to go all W.T.F on this, WTH were they thinking?

Why is that a "wtf" thing for you? :p If Bishop doesn't have a French accent in the movie, then I don't see what's wrong with casting a Frenchman for the part.

Why is that a "wtf" thing for you? :p If Bishop doesn't have a French accent in the movie, then I don't see what's wrong with casting a Frenchman for the part.

Very simple, it's all in the picture to see. In this pic, I see 3 character and an actor.

About anyone in France will be able to tell you, he's a good actor, but he doesn't know how to incarnate the character he's playing. Every successful role he had so far, he played the same, the goofy friendly black guy with an occasional attitude. This is the role he debuted with on a tv comedy show, every time he tried something else it utterly failed.

Very simple, it's all in the picture to see. In this pic, I see 3 character and an actor.

About anyone in France will be able to tell you, he's a good actor, but he doesn't know how to incarnate the character he's playing. Every successful role he had so far, he played the same, the goofy friendly black guy with an occasional attitude. This is the role he debuted with on a tv comedy show, every time he tried something else it utterly failed.

But he's cast as Bishop, so at the casting he obviously had to act as if he was Bishop and they liked what they saw. Meaning they saw Bishop in him and not some comedy actor or a goofy version of Bishop. Just because he has had goofy roles like that, doesn't mean he can't do other roles. Look at Jim Carrey, he can take on serious roles. Look at Will Smith, everyone knows him as the goofy guy from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, though he has played tons of non-goofy roles as well.

I think it's better to wait with judging him before actually having seen him playing Bishop to be honest :p I haven't seen the guy in movies yet but judging from that picture, he looks good enough to be Bishop.

On a side note though; it's going to be interesting to see 2 versions of Wolverine in this movie. A younger version of him in the past and a somewhat older version of him in the future.

Huge applause for "Marvel" coming across. Xavier's voice, Wolverine, Storm, Bobby, Rogue, Kitty, a "glimpse from the past." Bishop, Thunderbird, Blink looks straight out of the comic. "Side by side to end this war before it ever begins." Wolverine will be sent back into his younger body by both Xavier AND Magneto. Xavier says "I was a very different man. Lead me, guid me, be patient with me. "Patience is my strongest suit," he deadpans. Lots of Mystique shots, kicking some ass. Magneto vs. Mystique at one point! "We need you to hope again," old Xavier says to young. Crazy applause.

Evan Peters introduced himself as Quicksilver and said, "I'm really fast." Peter Dinklage said, "I am Bolivar Trask."

Jennifer Lawrence said she's "getting closer to the [villanous] Mystique she's going to be."

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I wonder how many people started chanting "Beyond Two Souls" when Ellen came on stage, heh. Also, it's weird to me still that they are connecting the original X-Men trilogy with the new First Class reboots.

I wonder how many people started chanting "Beyond Two Souls" when Ellen came on stage, heh. Also, it's weird to me still that they are connecting the original X-Men trilogy with the new First Class reboots.

they were already connected...i guess no one remembers the Wolverine cameo in First Class?

• Like 1

I know they were connected already, it's just really weird to me that's all. But I guess if they are gonna do it, a good time travel story is the way to go.