Nokia September 5th Event - Live Stream and Official Discussion

The event will start at 10 AM EDT (New York Time) on the 5th of September. See the time adjusted for your local area here.

Live Stream Link : http://www.nokia.com...a/webcast/live/

Bookmark it, and set your calendar reminders.

Edited by Calum
Updated the title to make this the official discussion thread

Thanks for the heads up and link.

Is there a schedule somewhere for the other media events? I'm sure there's still a couple other big players still waiting in line.

Motorola is later that day, but I don't care about them. The next day on the 6th is Amazon and it's Kindle Fire 2 probably. That's all that I know of that are going on before Apples 12th event.

*bump*

Should this thread be made into an official Nokia event discussion thread or should we start a new one for it soon?

Too Bad I will be in court around that time! :cry:

That sucks, but it will be live streamed so it should also be on-demand later for you to re-watch it when you get back.

text comment please as some of us cannot watch it and/or hear it.

Well I can try, we'll see how it goes.

So am I right that we are just 3 hours away from the event? I'm dumb as a rock when it comes to timezones :p but your link says Wed 22:00, so it means tonight.

A bit over 3 hours away, yes. 10am Eastern in the US.

*bump*

Should this thread be made into an official Nokia event discussion thread or should we start a new one for it soon?

I like that idea :) I've just updated the title to signify that this is the official thread for all discussion related to the event. Please let me know if you'd like it changed back.

[. . .]

Live Stream Link : http://www.nokia.com...a/webcast/live/

[. . .]

As excited as I have been for this event, wanting it to come as soon as possible for the past three weeks, I'm a bit gutted I won't be able to sit down with some food and watch the event live as it unfolds :( It starts at 3pm my time and I'm at work. Ah well, catching a replay of it might still be some entertainment, even if I know by then what has been announced :)

Show will start soon. Press is in already and we're just waiting.

Nokia has a number of accessories on display as well.

Uh oh... "service not available"

Just before they took it down, the stream was blacking out intermittently and when it was showing video, it video was green. They might have cut it for good.

Yeah, now it's just dead. This sucks big time.

Well on the bright side they're just talking about the Asha phones right now, so we're not missing much really.