germany involuntary manslaughter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,503 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:18

A 20-year-old German was flung from a children's roundabout and died after a dare backfired on Sunday afternoon. His friends, who face involuntary manslaughter charges, taped him to the carousel and used a car to spin it round. :|

The unnamed man was at a playground in Bavaria with three friends, who dared him to let them use adhesive tape to tie him to a roundabout and see how fast they could spin it.

The group then tied the roundabout to a car and drove off as quickly as they could, sending the carousel spinning at a dangerously high speed, police in the Niederviehbach area said on Sunday evening.

But the tape came undone, causing the man to be flung off. He suffered severe head injuries and died at the scene.

His three friends had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for shock. Some of them are still being treated as inpatients, a Bavarian police spokesman told The Local.

“The incident is being treated as involuntary manslaughter by the state prosecutor,” the spokesman said.

He added that there were no children on the playground when the accident happened, and that it was in a quiet area.

source

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,814 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:27

Yep, it's not the first time I've heard of this. In some of the more recent fail compilations you even see people doing it, using the back wheel of a scooter to send the carousel spinning. Absolute madness, if you ask me.

#3 deactivated_

deactivated_

Deactivated_

• 888 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:35

You'd think that after you hear of one person dying while trying this it would prevent the next person from trying it. Yet we actually hear of this time and time and time again. Almost makes you believe in Natural Selection.

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,503 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:29

I never get to be in kinky games like this. :/

#5 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:51

^ Anytime you want Hum. We can try it. Just you will be the one loosely taped to the merry go round. :whistle:

#6 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 760 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:52

You'd think that after you hear of one person dying while trying this it would prevent the next person from trying it. Yet we actually hear of this time and time and time again. Almost makes you believe in Natural Selection.

This is the first time I ever heard of something like this being done. However, I would never do something like this so I am good.

#7 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:53

I'm honestly impressed that you can tie a rope to the carousel, and drive away in a car, and not have the entire carousel come out of the ground.

#8 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:59

Even if he had stayed stuck to the roundabout I imagine he would have still be pretty seriously hurt, being spun around so instantly and fast would have at least damaged his neck and probably spine

#9 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 00:25

I never get to be in kinky games like this. :/

We'll let you play anytime. I'll even bring some rope to tie you on to make sure you don't go flying off.Only amateurs use tape.