Finaly found it!

After installing win8 I walked into problems with files being in use and having not the rights to remove them, after googling I walked into cmd commands to take ownership but the files were still in use, in other words a very irritating thing...

So then I suddenly remembered I had a tool long ago to take ownership of a folder and everything in it that always seemed to work like magic so after searching for hours in my messy cluttered dropbox folder I found it, and it still worked in windows 8 :D

Handy part of it is that it doesn't require admin rights to run ^^

So here's the link if anyone wants it: https://dl.dropbox.c...1/ownership.exe

EDIT: DONT TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE PROGRAM FILES FOLDER!!! THIS MAKES METRO APPS UNABLE TO WORK!!!

Never have been able to find the original author, if somebody knows the author tell me so I can link to the original source.

File unlocker didn't seem to work in windows 8 :(

And all those commands are most of teh time way too much work to type every few sec:P Also in most cases they require admin rights :/

This works with the program files folder? is very annoying that even with UAC off it still asks for permission

Yes just tested it myself :D (worked after restarting explorer.exe aka logoff&login)

EDIT: DONT DO THIS!!! THIS MAKES METRO APPS UNABLE TO WORK!!!

File unlocker didn't seem to work in windows 8 :(

And all those commands are most of teh time way too much work to type every few sec:P Also in most cases they require admin rights :/

The reg file adds a 'Grant Admin Full Control' to your right click context menu so you can give yourself permission of a folder + all it's files with just a right click > left click, it saves a lot of time :)

Unlocker seems hit and miss, I haven't worked it out yet, but I have had it working in windows 8 x64 using the x64 version of unlocker, but you're right, sometimes it installs and doesn't work

The reg file adds a 'Grant Admin Full Control' to your right click context menu so you can give yourself permission of a folder + all it's files with just a right click > left click, it saves a lot of time :)

Unlocker seems hit and miss, I haven't worked it out yet, but I have had it working in windows 8 x64 using the x64 version of unlocker, but you're right, sometimes it installs and doesn't work

Yeah thats why I started looking for this old app :p

Yeah thats why I started looking for this old app :p

Thank you ver much man, there was a rougue folder that didn't wanted to be deleted in win8 just because it liked to, used the program (I had to run it in administrator mode) and bam, worked.