Arnova 8c G3 experiencing browser issues

So I got this cute little thing in the mail yesterday:

IMG_1953.jpg

Its an Arnova 8C G3 Android tablet. It was $150 on compusa.com

Quick overview: The screen is 8" and with the resolution being 800x600 is of course nowhere as sharp as the new ipad but the colors are bright and text is quite readable. it has an ARM Cortex 1 GHz processor and 1GB RAM , internal memory is 8GB and has a micro sd slot. other features are a front camera but it kind of sucks, and a speaker that is not very loud. It runs Android 4.0

The tablet is pretty well built, the back is made of black plastic with kind of cool silver edges.

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1952-1.jpg

Its a nice tablet, I'm liking it but there is something that is bugging me and it is where I need your ideas to figure why its happening!!.

Out of the box the tablet is not google certified, it comes with this AppsLib app store. But recently arnova released a custom firmware that adds Google Play. So I installed it and everything went well. I got my Google play store and everything, and I installed Chrome so i dont have to use the built in browser but it turned out to be very buggy for some reason.

This is what happens, when I open Chrome, first a weird red frame flashes around the edges of the screen for a second:

IMG_1960.png

after that happens I pick a good website like neowin

IMG_1961.png

and it starts loading

IMG_1962.png

aaand it crashes

IMG_1963.png

and it always does that. I reinstalled chrome, restored the tablet, the problem hasn't changed.

I tried Opera too and it has it's own issues too, like when i select a website it never loads, but strangely when I go to the homescreen and then back to Opera the website is there all loaded. For right now I settled for Dolphin browser and I haven't had a problem. I don't know if any other Android tablets may experience this issue or it is because of my bad luck. Any thoughts?