• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,265 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:22

Something tells me all the bacteria in your mountain fresh water disagree with you...

I don't drink coffe, but I do live on the mountain, and I can tell you, you don't know what you're talking about.

#32 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,854 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:54

about time coffee machines came with "a camera for a QR scanner."

Yes -- along with the Internet, that will make it easier to get rid of troublesome people by 'fixing' their coffee. :shiftyninja:

#33 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

• 999 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:58

An 11,000 coffee maker to accomplish the same thing as a $40 french press...

#34 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,219 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 17:25

overpriced like apple products

#35 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 22:11

I don't drink coffe, but I do live on the mountain, and I can tell you, you don't know what you're talking about.

If you live on a mountain, then you really don't know what you are talking about. Claiming that the local water doesn't make you sick is a no brainer and a pointless statement. For everyone else, not so much. The two times I made the mistake of drinking water in the wilderness I got sick from it. Once in Colorado and onces in Austria. Never again. You saying you live on a mountain and its safe is about as trustworthy as a mexican saying the water there is safe.

#36 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 696 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 22:26

2 years ago i got a french press for christmas now my mr coffee sits collecting dust in my garage. I only use fresh ground beans (dark roasts) and spring water. Its the Best tasting coffee.

Canned coffee like folgers, maxwell house and yuban all made from robusto beans, which is an inferior coffee bean. Arabica is the best

#37 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 30 September 2012 - 23:35

,snip>

The video has some valid points. I wasn't talking about bottled water.

But hey, just keep drinking what's good for you. (Y)

#38 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 23:45

If you live on a mountain, then you really don't know what you are talking about. Claiming that the local water doesn't make you sick is a no brainer and a pointless statement. For everyone else, not so much. The two times I made the mistake of drinking water in the wilderness I got sick from it. Once in Colorado and onces in Austria. Never again. You saying you live on a mountain and its safe is about as trustworthy as a mexican saying the water there is safe.

Actually he does know what he's talking about. You don't seem to understand that bateria is everywhere. In different areas there will be different variations. So that's why you likely get a little sick from drinking water in other areas. IF you stay there long enough you'll be use to it. I've drank water in different parts of Japan and did not get sick. I did get sick while in Thailand. So it's natural. Other part is it also depends on if there are contaments in the water.

2 years ago i got a french press for christmas now my mr coffee sits collecting dust in my garage. I only use fresh ground beans (dark roasts) and spring water. Its the Best tasting coffee.
Canned coffee like folgers, maxwell house and yuban all made from robusto beans, which is an inferior coffee bean. Arabica is the best

Partly true. Most American coffee is meant to be weak. But then they are not usually 100% Coffee either.

#39 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,467 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 September 2012 - 23:49

Actually he does know what he's talking about. You don't seem to understand that bateria is everywhere. In different areas there will be different variations. So that's why you likely get a little sick from drinking water in other areas. IF you stay there long enough you'll be use to it. I've drank water in different parts of Japan and did not get sick. I did get sick while in Thailand. So it's natural. Other part is it also depends on if there are contaments in the water.

You neglected to point out the most obvious thing: Coffee tends to be made with boiling hot water, which kills most if not all bacteria.

#40 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 23:56

With all the problems we have in this world, this is what they waste time on.

:/

Fair enough, but what are you doing about those problems yourself?

#41 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:37

You neglected to point out the most obvious thing: Coffee tends to be made with boiling hot water, which kills most if not all bacteria.

True. If you weren't simply drinking the water. It goes without saying that water is heated to make coffee. Otherwise it would not taste the same.

#42 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,621 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45

This is horrible. It looks like an operating table from 1960.

Posted Image

probably made by a Senior NASA Engineer :)

#43 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 425 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:48

I am so glad that the two shining examples you told of are indicative of everything else in the world. I have never gotten sick off of mountain water, and I have been all over the world in places you cannot even conceive of. I await your troll response.

#44 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:57

Lots of coffee machines already do this. The slight variance in temperature between this machine and other commerical machines will approach placebo difference range.

#45 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,862 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:59

about time coffee machines came with "a camera for a QR scanner."

revolutionary™

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!