6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I bought a HP Laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition and I have since formatted it and have installed Windows 7. Do I have an option to upgrade the OEM Windows XP Media Center Edition license to Windows 8 without reinstalling the original OS on the laptop again? If so then some guidance would be very much appreciated.

Edit : The laptop was bought 3 years back and going strong.

TA :)

Posted

I dont think you will be able to with Windows XP. Far to long ago.

Posted

Why can't you just upgrade from your Windows 7? Hmm? Hmmmmm? Aha!

...but you CAN upgrade from XP/Vista or 7, it's already been stated.

[url="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx"]http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx[/url]

"[color=#333333] if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets"[/color]

Posted

I don't want to upgrade from Windows 7 since it is my office license (Paid for in full) and I want to upgrade that individually. I have seen that article but the question in mind was how would the upgrade process work? Do I need to be running the XP on the laptop in order to get an upgrade or can I just enter my license key in their system and get the Windows 8 Key?

Posted

[quote name='wrack' timestamp='1349318204' post='595224251']
I don't want to upgrade from Windows 7 since it is my office license (Paid for in full) and I want to upgrade that individually. I have seen that article but the question in mind was how would the upgrade process work? Do I need to be running the XP on the laptop in order to get an upgrade or can I just enter my license key in their system and get the Windows 8 Key?
[/quote]

ahhh so you want to just get the WIndows 8 CDKey. Interesting, one would think you need to have WIndows XP installed and from there it would upgrade you. OR is it a system where you enter in your XP cdkey and then it gives you a Windows 8 Cdkey.

Posted

I have the laptop with me. At the back of it has the Windows XP Media Center label with the key. I just want to upgrade that key to Windows 8 Key without having to install the origianl OS on the laptop. So yes I am wondering if there would be a system where I can just enter my key and get an upgrade key.