Skydiver to try record-breaking jump from 23 miles up

During just a 28,500 civilian style HALO my mind was hyperfocused on my gear and nothing else. I suspect he's even more so.

I agree, my gf was saying I bet he's s**t bored waiting to get there, I said no way, 2 hours to us probably feels like 2 minutes to him, he`ll be on brain overdrive checking everything 100x over

Not long to go now, the balloon will pop around 120-130k ft

It won't pop at 120-130, it stops ascending somewhere in that range and stabilizes allowing the jump to go forwards

CNN's coverage was lame. They showed the ascent, but once he jumped... nothing but talking heads.

"He's down safely now."

Oh, thanks for letting me know.

They're not allowed to show anything more.

Do you expect them to show live footage of things going wrong and him plummeting to his death?

Do you expect them to show live footage of things going wrong and him plummeting to his death?

Discovery channel broadcast the whole jump live till after he landed, was damn nice to see.

Discovery channel broadcast the whole jump live till after he landed, was damn nice to see.

I bet it wasn't live.

Sportsnet had the feed here in Canada and they did not announce if he broke the speed of sound yet they still have to find out.

The website was on a 20 second delay just in case something went wrong.

• Like 2

BBC News 24 showed the whole thing live; it was identical to YouTube's coverage.

I bet it wasn't live.

Well, it was ahead of the YouTube stream for me...