Apple live streaming today

Apple live streaming today?s iPad mini event on the Apple TV

img_3336.jpg?w=704&h=469

Apple is holding a media event at 10AM PST today to unveil the new iPad mini, iTunes 11, and new Macs. For those looking to tune-in to the event (we?re sure that?s all of you), Apple has just confirmed that it will be livestreaming today?s iPad mini event to its Apple TV. 9to5mac readers have noticed a new ?Apple special event? icon on the home screen of their Apple TVs that launches a player.

It?s not clear if a livestream will also be available on Apple?s website as it has in year?s past. October 2010?s ?Back to the Mac? event was the last time Apple streamed an event onto its website.

Source: 9to5Mac

They're streaming it on the Apple website as well: http://www.apple.com...s/october-2012/

Nice to see they start doing that again. I know they used to back around the launch of iPhone 4 and the first iPad.

I wonder why they limit it to Apple devices though? Oh well, might pull it up on the iPad or just tune in to the Twit.tv live stream, they'll probably have the livestream running, watching it themselves. Not exactly all to excited about a smaller iPad or other potential refreshes, here's hoping the they talk more about the new iTunes though and maybe even release it today.

I got up this morning and seen this news, and REALLY was going to bring my Apple TV to work, but I have NOTHING here that takes an HDMI. All our projectors and TV's take old connections, vga, svideo, composite.. so I left it at home :(

The iPad Mini is also a device that still only exists in blogger's and fanboy's heads.

Since you are the resident Apple expert, knowing that for a fact there is no such thing as an iPad mini even though all sources point to it, tell us what the new product is that will be announced since Apple officially said there is a new product being announced today.

Since you are the resident Apple expert, knowing that for a fact there is no such thing as an iPad mini even though all sources point to it, tell us what the new product is that will be announced since Apple officially said there is a new product being announced today.

WAT? :huh:

Technically, Dot is correct. Until Apple actually announces the mini, it's just speculation and rumors. There's no need to get ****y about it.

WAT? :huh:

Technically, Dot is correct. Until Apple actually announces the mini, it's just speculation and rumors. There's no need to get ****y about it.

Except for factory leaks confirming it exists apparently. He is saying that for a fact, it doesn't exist as if he has some authority on the matter. If that is the case, what is the new product that is coming out. Simple question. Let the Apple expert explain to us what the new product is since it obviously can't be the iPad mini.

Will it be possible to view this on Windows? In small text it says:

Nope, just like last time Apple livestreamed an even themselves it's only viewable on an able device. Of course you might be able to get around it by faking useragents, some kind of URL heck or as someone suggested VMware. There will likely be several sites re-streaming the stream as well, some just a put copy some with their own hosts and their comments on what's going on.

There are always the liveblogs too I suppose.

Probably because it's easier to test and because it will probably limit the total number of people trying to view the stream.

I guess. But really, they've done this before so I don't know about testing and I really don't see the point of limiting how many can see it. The again, even people who usually are allowed to record their events aren't allowed to livestream said recording...

There will likely be several sites re-streaming the stream as well, some just a put copy some with their own hosts and their comments on what's going on.

Does anyone know of any sites "re-streaming"?

All I know is that live.twit.tv has the stream going in the background of their commentary and a small picture in picture. Haven't looked for any other stream myself.

They threw around a lot of shmancy jargon there.

Isn't Fusion Drive is just a hybrid SSD?

Yes but the key isn't that. I find the software they made for it interesting. We know the difference between SSD and traditional HD's. We know that we can run both at the same time, put what we want to run fastest on the SSD. I think the big deal on that will be that the software will do it automatically without the user having to do it. I think hybrid drives exist, but this is the first I have heard of the OS automatically moving software around based on your usage.

Side note: Hate Tim talking... terrible salesman and incredibly boring to listening to him.