FPS is low if using 310 beta

Really? Versus the WHQL'ed 306.xx set?

I'll have a go at the game tomorrow, just updated the driver set on my PC. I'm sure if this game was similar to Hot Pursuit, they'll iron out performance issues soon.

Hoping it's your CPU bogging you down, itd be crazy if a 670 at that res. couldn't handle it on high. The 6600 will really hold you back on a small amount of games.

Wrong quoted person :p but yeah, it could very well be my aging CPU. In that case no biggie, I'm holding onto this hardware as long as I can before it bites virtual dust.

On the flipside, at least that gives you an idea of what they expect the baseline to be. If you have a five year old CPU like this and a decent GPU, then the game shouldn't struggle a whole lot.

Regretting getting it for PC, the performance is ridiculous.

I can play any game on high/ultra detail apart from this game, the framerate is all over the place, it bogs down then speeds up again. Should have just bought it on PS3 like I was going to.

I'm on Windows 8 if it makes a difference?

Horrible PC experience. The colors are so jarring and not eye friendly. Framerate is all over the place.

Winning the race is pot luck. You could be dominating the whole race but just this one traffic car slams you at the finish line and you loose the race. Has happened to me 3 times in 5 races. Annoying.

AI is rubberband as ever. Few glitches is Cops car jumping and spawning in front of me.

Inspite of having High-end GTX 670, I turned down Ambient Occlusion and shadows to have respectable gameplay.

Just tried on my 660 (non-ti) performance is pretty good with ambient occlusion and shadows on med, usually at 60 fps. Everything on high it dips down but never goes below 30 fps. The graphics are actually really nice.

I haven't had any performance issues at all on my i7-920, 6870 and 6gb of RAM. Definitely not a console port. Everything's on high except Ambient and Geometry Detail on Medium (default settings.)

And yes, I'm running Windows 8.

The game is weird. I love that Criterion never makes the same game as last time.

So worth it to buy? I may go out and buy it for 360 today.

Absolutely. I'll be playing a long time. If only I could figure out how to shake the cops in this one :p

(I admit it, I suck. But it is new so there is that.)

Intel Core i5-750

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (1 GB)

Windows 7 x64

If I max the game out @ 1680x1050, I get 30-40 FPS.

If I disable shadows, ambient occlusion and motion blur, I get a more consistent 40 FPS.

40 FPS is not good enough for me, especially when I'm disabling several game options.

Looks like I need an upgrade :(

I am going to vent out my frustration.

Origin says that my game will be available to play on 2nd November. While it has already released in S. Korea and many other countries.

The game has already been cracked and available to play for pirates since a day.

I did play the game using Korean VPN but pings were unacceptable rendering Multiplayer component unplayable from India.

How hard is it for EA to launch game at same time? Can't they have better server capacity? :s

I have already lost excitement.

What are you guys measuring fps with? The game seems pretty smooth for me and I'm running an I3, GTX 560 2gig, and 8gig of ram, my graphics drivers are 306.23.

I'm using FRAPS to measure, and also getting avg. of 40fps

Win7 (x64)

AMD FX6100

gtx 560 (latest drivers)

8gb ram

While 40fps is "acceptable" in a console & smooth on a PC,

60+fps tends to be the norm for such games ...

so is either the lack of v-sync option (to disable it)

or the fact that autolog is "always" recording :/

Actually it was in Korea, you could unlock using VPN. Don't just assume people are pirates.

So what should I say about your assumption? I said nothing about pirates. Review copies aren't purchased either.

I doubt I can play this game for long sessions, but I still think I'll be playing it for a long time.

I'm using FRAPS to measure, and also getting avg. of 40fps

Win7 (x64)

AMD FX6100

gtx 560 (latest drivers)

8gb ram

While 40fps is "acceptable" in a console & smooth on a PC,

60+fps tends to be the norm for such games ...

so is either the lack of v-sync option (to disable it)

or the fact that autolog is "always" recording :/

This is probably the culprit for me V-Sync. :angry:

I'm trying to find a way to lock/limit the frame rate to 30 FPS.

I'd rather 30 FPS constant than jumps between 30 and 60.

I3 - 2130 @ 3.40 ghz, evga GTX 560 2gig, and 8gig of ram, my graphics drivers are 306.23.

With High Res Textures - ON, VFX Det - High, Geometry - Med, Shadow Level - High, Amb Occulsion - Med, Reflection Detail - Med, Headlight Shadows - ON, I think that's everything. I get a solid 60 FPS, the only dip is the slo-mo crash scenes. If everything is on High, I get between 30-40 fps, with a dips into the high 20 every once in a while.

I think my 1920x1080 is too much for the gtx 560, I wish I could find a good lower resolution monitor in the 22 or 23" range, but my 23" was very cheap.

I am going to vent out my frustration.

Origin says that my game will be available to play on 2nd November. While it has already released in S. Korea and many other countries.

The game has already been cracked and available to play for pirates since a day.

I did play the game using Korean VPN but pings were unacceptable rendering Multiplayer component unplayable from India.

How hard is it for EA to launch game at same time? Can't they have better server capacity? :s

I have already lost excitement.

The physical game also does not get released in these countries till the 2nd. They cant release it early online and **** over all the stores that would loose sales from it. Its pretty standard for games to have different release dates internationally. Just play something else, its only 2 days, don't be silly. Youve lost interest in this game 2 days before it came out maybe you shouldn't have brought it.

This is probably the culprit for me V-Sync. :angry:

The Run, had the same issue until a "tool" was released to disable

v-sync on Radeon cards, then later on provided the option for nvidia

... i hope they release a patch with option this soon :(

I am going to download this to my iPad 3 looks amazing!

I almost bought it, until i realized it doesn't have the map (open world)

and only 10 tracks .... :glare:

Disabling v-sync will not speed the game up...

is not about speeding the game up,... is about disabling the built-in frame lock

that limits the refresh rate and causes stutters when "too much" is going on in the screen....

It definitely adds fluidity, while sacrificing some screen quality,...

but as is, i wouldn't mind trading some jaggy edges for a more stable 50+fps rate

or at least a monitor match of constant 60fps (no drops/spikes)

is not about speeding the game up,... is about disabling the built-in frame lock

that limits the refresh rate and causes stutters when "too much" is going on in the screen....

It definitely adds fluidity, while sacrificing some screen quality,...

but as is, i wouldn't mind trading some jaggy edges for a more stable 50+fps rate

V-sync has nothing to do with aliasing levels or screen quality (unless you're referring to screen tearing over a certain level (usually 60+ FPS)).

I also don't believe the game has any built-in frame locking.