Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for first DSLR for under

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I would avoid a Sony Alpha - their ultra low cost entices a lot of people but the actual picture quality is not too great.

Is

Posted

I would avoid a Sony Alpha - their ultra low cost entices a lot of people but the actual picture quality is not too great.

Is

Posted

Either the Canon or Nikon will be great for you. Go and hold them both, or get your dad to and buy whichever feels the nicest in your hands.

18-55mm is the focal range (zoom range), at 18mm the photo will be very wide, at 55mm it will be more zoomed in, you twist the lens to select through the range.

Posted

Also if u get the Canon get their cheap 50mm Fixed Lens afterwards sometime it will be great for indoor closeups and such. it has a wide aperture so will allow the sensor to capture more light in less time resulting on good photos in low light.

Posted

Go for the Canon 1100d it's a great camera and if you don't mind manufacturer refurbs which come with 1 years warranty the Canon eBay store has some great offers. I would also recommend grey imports from DigitalRev.

Posted

Is