Photo

Windows Phone 8. Like it? Buying it?

poll windows phone 8

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows Phone

Like it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Buying it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which device you like the most?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:36

Lumia 920 FTW

#2 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:41

I don't see an option in the second question for existing Windows Phone users.

#3 Kane

Kane

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:41

I'm buying a Lumia 920 as soon as I can find a good site with a SIM free handset.

#4 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:42

I don't see an option in the second question for existing Windows Phone users.

Added

#5 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:42

I'm on VZW and soo badly want a 920. I have no interest in the HTC and might have to settle for the Samsung once more info is released for it.

#6 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:45

I've not seen or used enough WP7 handsets to be able to tell the difference between WP7 and WP8, so I can't really comment on whether I like it or not. But I'm going to stick with my Android phone. (Y)

#7 daniel_rh

daniel_rh

Daniel R. H.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIV i9500

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:52

I'm upgrading from WP7.5 but I'm gonna wait until next year, this year my money is for a Tablet with Windows 8, a Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro 700T :woot:

#8 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:53

A 920 for me for sure. I really enjoyed the 900 and Nokia's app support has been outstanding.

#9 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 30 October 2012 - 14:00

What your poll fails to take into account is all the damn frustration of trying to get a device. Nokia and HTC had 'announcements' a cpl months ago...we've had a launch today and it doesn't look like Aus will get any HTC/Nokia devices till end of Nov. HTC wouldnt even give a firm date on when their devices would hit shelves here (at aus launch) Even trying to import a HTC 8X looks like I will be waiting till mid november from all accounts.

My excitement for this platform and devices goes up and down and my patience for it is rapidly decreasing. The platform was brand new and I managed to get an Omnia 7 without effort and locally very quickly after the WP7 launch, not sure how things have gone backwards this time around.

#10 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 30 October 2012 - 14:10

I enjoyed my samsung focus for 18 months, then i broke it and got a warranty replacement of the samsung focus 2 for a few months and i'm just waiting for ATT so i can get 2x920's for the wife and myself.

Unfortunately work gave me an iphone 4s on verizon.. even though it has a ton of apps, the integration of services is **** poor and the ui is inconsistent at best.. i may wait till verizon has a 92x (maybe a 922 in 6 months?)

#11 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 October 2012 - 14:44

I'll be skipping WP8. I was an early adopter for WP7 with both a Dell Venue Pro and Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 900, but MS really botched it all this time around.

We get the SDK today, for starters, and there were no ground breaking features in there that should have led to the death of my Lumia 900 on WP 7.8. I seriously saw nothing compelling in their launch at all; it was depressing.

The hardware from Nokia is looking awesome, but I'm no longer happy with the platform. I feel MS wasted 2 years porting WP7 to NT to make it work on the newer base. They need to stop rebooting this platform if they want people to keep paying attention.

#12 tenpoundmouse

tenpoundmouse

Winner of the 100 metre egg & spoon race (1985-1987).

• Phone: Nexus 5 : Lumia 920

Posted 30 October 2012 - 14:47

I'm coming over from iOS, played with a Lumia 900 for a few days and loved the Live Tiles/Metro/typography UI. I'll miss a few iOS apps (Feedly & a few others) and cydia.

Can you even jailbreak a Windows Phone?!

#13 +sanke1

sanke1

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:03

Don't flame me, but I found the whole lineup disappointing. My main concern: Is Adreno 305 comparable with PowerVR SGX543 MP3 found in iPhone 5 or Mali 604 in upcomming Nexus 10?

#14 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:07

Don't flame me, but I found the whole lineup disappointing.

I did too with the exception of the ATIV S. It's the only model with the specs I need to upgrade from my current handset.

#15 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:13

I would if my contract was up. Still have another year. I'll wait for Windows Phone 9 next year. By then, it should have enough polish and app support to be really good.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!