Jump to content



Photo

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Artins90

Artins90

    Neowinian

  • Joined: 16-April 12

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:15

For no apparent reason all of the Bing based apps ( Maps, Weather, Sport, News etc.) that were working just fine yesterday now work for about 10 seconds and then crash. I went in the event viewer and I found this:
Log Name:	  Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin
Source:	    Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime
Date:		  06/11/2012 02.10.49
Event ID:	  22
Task Category: None
Level:		 Error
Keywords:	  AppContainer
User:		  ARTINS90\Artins
Computer:	  Artins90
Description:
DeleteAppContainerProfile failed for AppContainer Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe with error 0x80070091.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime" Guid="{F1EF270A-0D32-4352-BA52-DBAB41E1D859}" />
    <EventID>22</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x2000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-06T01:10:49.897767300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>295</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{D997A6B0-BBB9-0002-50A9-97D9B9BBCD01}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3676" ThreadID="3096" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin</Channel>
    <Computer>Artins90</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1957507509-593973461-3772905561-1001" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="ErrorCode">2147942545</Data>
    <Data Name="Context">Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

It looks like the apps try to delete my profile but fail and then crash with a 0x80070091 error the other apps are working just fine, I tried to reinstalling them, switching to a local accout, running a SFC /scannow and I ran a chkdsk but nothing helped, I guess I need to fiddle with the folder where the application is and delete the profile by myself but Microsoft decided to hide it so I have no clue about what to do please reply if you know how to fix this issue thanks in advance


#2 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

    "You were the chosen one!"

  • Joined: 11-November 02
  • Location: West-Central Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:31

Not sure if this helps, but here's what I found via a quick google search: http://www.eventid.n...820-phase-1.htm

edit: That was googling the event ID, I'm mobile so it's kinda hard for me to help too much, but hopefully that'll get you pointed in the right direction)

#3 OP Artins90

Artins90

    Neowinian

  • Joined: 16-April 12

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58

I guess I fixed it need some more testing though, I noticed that in the file properties of every file after the created, modified and accessed times these 2 strange symbols popped up ‏‎ﭗ닕. I went in the language settings and I saw the 2 weird symbols under the set the long time format section, I switched it back to HH.mm.ss and now the apps seem to be working