official gaming pc xbox ps3 wiiu call of duty

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#46 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:10

Less than 24 hours since release and there are already hackers in the game. Kind of sad..

#47 HardyRexion

HardyRexion

Neowinian

• 193 posts
  • Phone: Yes. Galaxy S4

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23

Not played the SP yet but enjoyed the MP.

It was a little laggy with some disconnects but I guess it was possibly one of the busiest days online in history.

Found you earn a shedload of points using the EMP grenades. Especially on the Nuketown map. Was finishing top with several kills less than the guy below me just for lobbing EMPs around

#48 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57

Less than 24 hours since release and there are already hackers in the game. Kind of sad..

http://youtu.be/vyv2bodB2hk

PC graphics look so much better than console.

#49 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,756 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:41

PC graphics look so much better than console.

No opinion - I have a lower-end PC, and don't own a console.

However, Black Ops 2 is actually smoother graphics-wise than the original on the same hardware with the same settings, so apparently they have done SOMETHING right.

I have both set to 1280x720, 2xAA, no AF, all other settings at Medium (the reason for the wimpy settings will be clear soon).

Hardware is Intel Q6600, ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB, 4 GB, AMD HD5450, Windows 8 Pro x64 with Media Center.

Both are as-shipped (no patches, since I'm not doing MP yet).

The other reason I've not applied any patches yet is that the hardware will be upgraded as soon as possible (target is i5-3570K, 16GB, ASUS P8Z77-V or ASUS P8Z77V-PRO, AMD HD7770).

Apparently, shooters still have three hardware tiers (Crysis 2 notwithstanding) at least on the PC - developer/publisher minimum requirements, developer/publisher recommendation, and the real requirements. That is my REAL frustration these days with PC gaming in general, and shooters in particular (though some RTS titles and even some racing games and "civ-type" games are starting to commit the same sin).

#50 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:53

What's wrong with Xbox controller on PC? Though oddly Treyarch has a problem with it.

Love this game. Best COD since orig MW. SP.is great, MP superb with bigger maps and more tactical play. Super polished. Love the new.touches like fire mode selector and load out screens. Playing on PC, gfx are great. However, issues exist. Lots of people seem to have a problem with resolution detection. Anyway, this is a great game.

#51 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22

If it is half of anything you guys are saying it is, then I might get it tonight. Was gonna wait till Friday, but looks like me and Activision finally have a deal after all these years

#52 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,377 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:33

PS3 version is currently having world wide server connection issues.

Zombies work, not much else does atm.

#53 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 14 November 2012 - 13:18

http://youtu.be/vyv2bodB2hk

Then gamers wonder why they want to dump game support for PCs and just make games for Consoles. Very sad indeed as nothing beats a PC when it comes to gaming.

#54 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,927 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 13:26

Then gamers wonder why they want to dump game support for PCs and just make games for Consoles. Very sad indeed as nothing beats a PC when it comes to gaming.

Except you can hack quite fine on consoles also. It's harder obviously (though some would argue it's easier in ways, I don't think so lol) I mean Halo 4 had hacks out for MP literally within hours of release apparently.

#55 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,437 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 13:39

Except you can hack quite fine on consoles also. It's harder obviously (though some would argue it's easier in ways, I don't think so lol) I mean Halo 4 had hacks out for MP literally within hours of release apparently.

Nothing close to PC.. it's an advantage of a closed system obviously.. the modded consoles don't last long and are far and few between and the really mods and hacks for consoles happen with controllers and stuff, nothing like wallhacks, aimbots etc.. they can alter the rate of fire on single shot weapons and stuff but it's still playable and you really risk to be completely banned by Microsoft which has zero policy on stuff like this to the point they ban your whole console. You can't really do that on a PC.

This is why on consoles you have "private" games where they can use hacks and level up quickly but in public matches you can forget about it.

One of the major reasons why I play on PC very rarely. The hacking and cheating just pis*es me off way too much. I want to have fun and play with other people and compete in skill not compete against hacks.

#56 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

Jennifer Love Hewitt worshiper

• 1,238 posts
  • Phone: HTC One GPE

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:54

I'm having an absolute blast playing multiplayer on XBL. Such a fun game!

#57 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:14

So activision filed a claim against the guy who made that video to have it removed from youtube. He wasn't trying to bad mouth the game or Activision, he just wanted people to be aware of it and was wondering where he could post it to report the hackers. Stay classy Activision.

#58 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:13

Anyone else having issues on XBL? My buddy thinks it's our internet, I think it's the servers. One of us tends to get kicked when playing same server.

#59 Largoh

Largoh

Epic of all Epics

• 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:34

I've been playing FPS games on PC for about 14 years now. I have to admit, I've started moving over to console for my FPS fix due to cheaters.
It's so easy to cheat on PC, anyone can do it. Sure there are cheats and hacks on Consoles but there are very few and they don't last very long at all.
3 or 4 years ago I said I'd never play an FPS game on a console. Now I buy pretty much all my games on PS3.
The worst part about it is leaving my friends behind who still refuse to move from PC to Console.

I think hackers will be the death of PC gaming, not piracy.

#60 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,434 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:46

Just picked it up from Redbox, have 6 hours until my first class today. Should be able to beat campaign and try MP tonight. Opening scenes and music are nice.