Texas Judge beats daughter for using the internet - Update

Some of you might remember this story about a Texas judge beating his daughter for using the internet and Kazza for music, anyway there is an update in the story which makes me laugh specially when you can do a crime thats not as bad and get fined much more and get a worse punishment.

About a year ago, many will remember that we featured a story about a Texas Judge.

This judge was caught on tape (included at the end), beating his then-16yo Cerebral Palsy suffering daughter back in 2004. The reason for the beating? She used Kazaa to obtain some music.

Now, after a year of investigation, (all while he has been paid $146,000/year) Judge-at-Large William Adams, of Aransas County, Texas isback on the bench and issuing judgements.

In its November 6 order, the Texas Supreme Court agreed with a deal between Adams and the Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct.

As part of that deal, a public warning was issued to Adams on September 5 2012, but no further punishments were levied aside from a minor pay cut to $144,000/year (?113,000)

Part of the difficulty was that since the beating happened in 2004, meaning that the statute of limitations for Criminal Child Abuse had expired when the video was published by Adams? daughter in November 2011. The Texas Supreme Court did express reservations about his suitability for the bench, but did not feel strongly enough to remove him.

Adams is free to sit in judgement of others in his Rockport, Texas courtroom until 2014, when he is up for re-election to the post. However, physical domestic abuse cases, which comprised much of his docket a year ago, will no longer grace his court.

Let?s hope Copyright Trolls are also barred from there as well.

Warning: Some will find the video extremely upsetting.

Source: TorrentFreak

This kind of stuff annoys me, sorry but the formatting messed up and i only did a quick edit and ive not see an update anywhere on the site (i dont read front page no-more).

Jesus Christ, the fact that man gets off the hook so easily compared to far less horrifying crimes is just insane.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Glassed Silver:mac

@Asrokhel - Yes maybe your right i didnt see that though i did look for it, its like looking for your keys and going "Where are they?" and they are right in front of you doh!

@Glassed - I know it annoys me when i read stories like this, a person who is i a high powered job getting less than a slap on the hands, then you will read that someone did a minor crime and got a much worse punishment or a higher fine. As my grandparents say, The worlds gone mad.

• Like 1

Crimes should not be allowed to "expire". It is absolutely ridiculous that proof of guilt cannot be used simply because an arbitrary period of time has elapsed.

• Like 3

Crimes should not be allowed to "expire". It is absolutely ridiculous that proof of guilt cannot be used simply because an arbitrary period of time has elapsed.

Do YOU want something you did say in your youth to come back in your older years to bite you in the ass? There's a reason there's a statute of limitations

Also what IF what you did was say a minor misdemeanor and later it turns into a felony, how would you feel then? Sadly there's also the chance that what he did in 04 was not the type of serious crime it is now.

Do YOU want something you did say in your youth to come back in your older years to bite you in the ass? There's a reason there's a statute of limitations

Also what IF what you did was say a minor misdemeanor and later it turns into a felony, how would you feel then? Sadly there's also the chance that what he did in 04 was not the type of serious crime it is now.

Totally agree here, but there is one thing that's not true about your last point if I'm not mistaken.

At least according to the Human Rights, and I sure hope according to US laws, too, you cannot be punished for something that has not been a crime at the point of action, and I would assume that raised punishments is a part of that rule, too.

I could be wrong though.

Also, at least where I live, lawful punishments are not an act of revenge (which many people seem to think and want so badly... (many of them even being Christians at the same time, what hypocrites. Read the bible!)) but resocialization.

Now, if you've been a bad boy or girl for a certain time after a crime or other unlawful act, the issue "expires" as the law deems you resocialized.

Do YOU want something you did say in your youth to come back in your older years to bite you in the ass?

Nobody wants to be caught for a crime that they committed but one should still be expected to face the legal consequences.

Also what IF what you did was say a minor misdemeanor and later it turns into a felony, how would you feel then?

Laws are very rarely retrospectively enforced so the offence would only be valid in its temporal context.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that people should be allowed to escape the consequences of a crime simply because an arbitrary period of time has elapsed? Because if so then I fundamentally disagree with you.

• Like 2

At least according to the Human Rights, and I sure hope according to US laws, too, you cannot be punished for something that has not been a crime at the point of action, and I would assume that raised punishments is a part of that rule, too.

I could be wrong though.

When was the last time the US cared about human rights ?

Nobody wants to be caught for a crime that they committed but one should still be expected to face the legal consequences.

Laws are very rarely retrospectively enforced so the offence would only be valid in its temporal context.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that people should be allowed to escape the consequences of a crime simply because an arbitrary period of time has elapsed? Because if so then I fundamentally disagree with you.

In Germany, some crimes are exempt from that expiration period.

Things like murder for example.

Also the expiration times vary depending on the crime/other unlawful activity.

When was the last time the US cared about human rights ?

Hey, just saying... I know there are discrepancies. :p

Another example of your ignorant backwards thinking.

Kids today are fine, No different than any other time. Just need proper role models.

Beating kids, nice christian values you have. "When the fear of God doesn't work"

I'm atheist you genius. And today's kids are not fine. Today's kids are terrible, horrible people. In the past a beating like this would likely never have been needed. Kids just obeyed their parents and when they stepped out of line they got spanked. Not as bad as this but this guy has to compensate for the culture that tells kids that they can act how they want and get away with it. All these kids think they are special. They are not. Did what they guy do rise to the level of abuse? Probably. Was it unwarranted? I don't know. Sounds like everyday was turned into a shouting match and the parents needed to re-exert dominance. It should also be noted that this girl made things infinitely worse by not just bending over. There would have been fewer lashes and they would have hurt less. I know because I've taken them myself, bare ass. By not bending over she also kept giving the impression that she was being willful against her parents which clearly enraged the guy and lead to more lashes. I feel bad for the girl... but not that bad.

Id rather the above than hateful misogynist bigots who think might makes right :rolleyes:

since when was this about gender other than the fact that society thinks that violence against women is horrible and worthy of punishment but violence against men is acceptable and even funny sometimes?

Granted we know that physical punishment in any form is NOT the best way to teach kids your youths what's right or wrong. And that physical punishment generally leads to more trouble. Whereas today we have better and more effective punishments, that doesn't include hitting kids.

The problem is that people aren't using these methods, and those problem kids you speak of, they are the children of one of two types of parents.

1. The I don't give a F, parent who doesn't do anything

2. The physical punishment parent who slaps or spanks the kid.

Also remember that the grown ups today, the ones who grew up to be wife beaters no child abusers. They're the ones who grew up getting spanked and otherwise physically punished and who where perfect little angel kids because they got a beating when they did wrong.

Poor girl. I got a good beating every now and then, but it wasn't because I used Kazaa. She probably knew the rules though and shouldn't have tried to push the boundaries when a punishment like this was expected. After all, she filmed it, she must have seen it coming? Or was it a coincidence the camera was rolling?

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone such violence, but I still feel like there is more to this story than just, "mean Judge beats helpless handicap Daughter"; at least, I sure hope so.