microsoft

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:48

He should have waited a little bit.Now its not a good time.
Its like showing no faith to Windows 8 and he quits so he is not there to take the blame.It doesnt look good at all and i am surprised at that move of his,cause i always saw him as a real professional.

#62 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,983 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:06

MS MVP has left the building.

#63 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,453 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:15

Its like showing no faith to Windows 8 and he quits so he is not there to take the blame.It doesnt look good at all and i am surprised at that move of his,cause i always saw him as a real professional.

Actually this is the perfect time to leave,you would have been right had he quit before release. But this is the perfect time to quit and when project leaders like him tend to quit, before they start something new and after they finish what they where working on.this is common info and stock holders know this to.

#64 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,681 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:54

Him leaving is for the best, it puts a stop to most of the infighting at MS that sources have talked about for years. What Ballmer wants out of the divisions is clear, he says so in his letter, unity and tighter integration, not infighting and overshadowing because you run a bigger division. There's also talk that this should help speed up updates for Windows in general and so on. Sinofsky as good as he is/was also had a hand in holding things back. And when people wonder why some MS service doesn't work well with Windows etc then you only have him to blame it looks like.

I think Ballmer is showing everyone at MS, all the VPs and division heads that if you don't want to work together then GTFO. If someone in charge of a key part of MS can get the boot then no one is safe, and that should always be the case IMO. If you're not worried about your position and losing your job then something is wrong.

#65 Hitman2000

Hitman2000

joO 4R3 73H L337!

• 1,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:04

Him leaving is for the best, it puts a stop to most of the infighting at MS that sources have talked about for years. What Ballmer wants out of the divisions is clear, he says so in his letter, unity and tighter integration, not infighting and overshadowing because you run a bigger division. There's also talk that this should help speed up updates for Windows in general and so on. Sinofsky as good as he is/was also had a hand in holding things back. And when people wonder why some MS service doesn't work well with Windows etc then you only have him to blame it looks like.

I think Ballmer is showing everyone at MS, all the VPs and division heads that if you don't want to work together then GTFO. If someone in charge of a key part of MS can get the boot then no one is safe, and that should always be the case IMO. If you're not worried about your position and losing your job then something is wrong.

I get what your saying, but this situation has the potential to turn into disaster if all you have is a bunch of "yes men", many successful businesses became successful because people disagreed and wanted to try different things..
Ofcourse you cant go to the other end and have every single decision become a war, but there has to be a balance of harmony and people willing to go against the norm and try something outside the box.

#66 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,772 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:14

Quite shocking to see he's left so soon after the release of Windows 8/RT. I doubt it was anything to do with the reception or sales as I haven't read anything saying the sale/reception of Windows 8 was poor.

Maybe Ballmer finally sat down with Windows 8 and thought, "Where is the Start Menu?! Sinofsky! YOU'RE FIRED!" :rofl:

#67 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,681 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:02

I get what your saying, but this situation has the potential to turn into disaster if all you have is a bunch of "yes men", many successful businesses became successful because people disagreed and wanted to try different things..
Ofcourse you cant go to the other end and have every single decision become a war, but there has to be a balance of harmony and people willing to go against the norm and try something outside the box.

I agree with your first part but that wasn't the problem. Yes men isn't the issue at MS it's the different division heads not working together like they should. There's been a number of talk about times the Windows division has stepped on some smaller divisions work for some reason or another, why should that even happen? They should be trying to get all of their stuff to work more tightly together and not stomp out good ideas from smaller, less important groups.

#68 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• 450 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:22

Wow, the Windows 8 "success" and market feedback is already starting to pay back....

#69 SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

• 1,766 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:34

Quite shocking to see he's left so soon after the release of Windows 8/RT. I doubt it was anything to do with the reception or sales as I haven't read anything saying the sale/reception of Windows 8 was poor.

Maybe Ballmer finally sat down with Windows 8 and thought, "Where is the Start Menu?! Sinofsky! YOU'RE FIRED!" :rofl:

Okay I admit that made me chuckle :rofl:

#70 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,524 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:18

His departure has nothing to do with Windows 8.

#71 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• 450 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:40

It's funny because it could be true :-P

His departure has nothing to do with Windows 8.

Yeah, because everyone knows that Sinofsky was just playing golf at Microsoft, not directing the Windows division....

#72 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,524 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:58

Yeah, because everyone knows that Sinofsky was just playing golf at Microsoft, not directing the Windows division....

And how does that make his departure related to what he was working on? Do you have a source? Because there are many floating around now to the contrary. I posted one a few replies up that said he wanted Ballmer's spot. Nothing at all to do with what he was working on.

#73 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

• 2,804 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:03

Sinofsky was the last visionary at that company.

If you believe that then you clearly have no clue who Julie Larson-Green is.

#74 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,498 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:10

:shifty: C:/> DEL C:\WIN\EMPLOYEES\STEVE_SINOFSKY

#75 Ice_Blue

Ice_Blue

Neowinian

• 1,301 posts
  • Phone: Nokia N8 Belle

Posted 13 November 2012 - 14:10

They should make Mark Russinovitch the new head of Windows development.