drug paraphernalia marijuana youtube video

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,553 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 15:52

It's embarrassing enough when something bad happens to you if there are people around to witness it, but take that to another level: Imagine getting arrested in front of a news crew while you're being interviewed. That's exactly what happened to 18-year-old Reilly Neuklis, who was arrested shortly after the car he was driving collided with a school bus on Tuesday afternoon.

Local ABC affiliate WBND reporter Jessie McDonough was interviewing Neuklis about the crash when an officer arrested him for being possibly under the influence of marijuana. Apparently, a tipster alerted police at the scene that Neuklis may have thrown out drug paraphernalia in a nearby trash can after he hit the bus.

After the officer located the drug paraphernalia, he displayed it for the camera and explained to Neuklis, "In Indiana, it is illegal to have metabolites in your system while you are driving." The interview was cut short, and the officer took Neuklis to the hospital to be tested for drugs. One other student who had been in the car with Neuklis was injured and taken to the hospital, but no one else reported injuries.

Unfortunately for Neuklis, his embarrassment will now live on not just as a bad memory, but also in YouTube infamy.

source & video

#2 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:26

LEGALIZE POT NOW!!! FTW!!! YEA!!!

I'm mean we don't have enough impared drivers on the road as it is....

#3 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:42

LEGALIZE POT NOW!!! FTW!!! YEA!!!

I'm mean we don't have enough impared drivers on the road as it is....

...and yet somehow this guy was on the road in a state where it is illegal and caused the accident.

Legalization is not causation.

After all my grandmothers father was killed back during Prohibition...by a drunk driver.
Did the fact that it was illegal save his life? Evidently not.

#4 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,367 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:47

This doesn't say if the drugs test came back positive or not.
If it comes back negative, that officer is going to look like a complete dick really.

#5 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,739 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:48

:s Really? Wow...just wow. Ridiculous! :no:

#6 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:51

I'm laughing at all the people calling the cop an idiot for saying metabolites and saying he obviously meant cannabinoids. They don't seem to realize what metabolites are...

I mean yes I realize that all sorts of things result in metabolites, but I think he was trying to keep it low-key because the camera was still on.

He really should have waited a moment though, because this will likely be viewed as prejudicial since it airs long before any judgment and now has a nationwide audience.

#7 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 20:30

Good points Shane. But physical evidence will out weight that aspect.

#8 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

• 1,505 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 21:31

I don't see the reason for anti-pot legalization coming beck an call for this. If your drinking while driving and you get in a accident your arrested. The same would apply to pot, they just need a way to test "highness". Lol.

Posted Image

#9 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:02

I'm laughing at all the people calling the cop an idiot for saying metabolites and saying he obviously meant cannabinoids. They don't seem to realize what metabolites are...

I mean yes I realize that all sorts of things result in metabolites, but I think he was trying to keep it low-key because the camera was still on.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. When an officer fails to use correct terminology, especially on camera, then he deserves any ridicule he gets.

#10 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:08

I don't see the reason for anti-pot legalization coming beck an call for this. If your drinking while driving and you get in a accident your arrested. The same would apply to pot, they just need a way to test "highness". Lol.

In Washington they do have a method, which is a blood test. The problem is the limit they have set doesn't match the actual impairment values...so something needs to be done about that.

#11 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• 2,509 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:09

This doesn't say if the drugs test came back positive or not.
If it comes back negative, that officer is going to look like a complete dick really.

That's true, but he was just doing his job. Better safe than sorry, a rule this kid possibly wasn't smart enough to abide by if he was high.

#12 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:10

Sorry, but I have to disagree. When an officer fails to use correct terminology, especially on camera, then he deserves any ridicule he gets.

The thing is that he referred to metabolites, which is the correct term when referring to what they test for to detect the level of intoxication. He didn't use the wrong word at all.

He used a more discrete term that can refer to multiple things rather than stating openly which drug was in use...

#13 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:33

The thing is that he referred to metabolites, which is the correct term when referring to what they test for to detect the level of intoxication. He didn't use the wrong word at all.

He used a more discrete term that can refer to multiple things rather than stating openly which drug was in use...

Metabolites is a broad and very generic term though. He specifically stated "it is illegal to have metabolites in your system while you are driving", which isn't correct. Everyone has metabolites in their systems at all times. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Metabolite

#14 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:00

Metabolites is a broad and very generic term though. He specifically stated "it is illegal to have metabolites in your system while you are driving", which isn't correct. Everyone has metabolites in their systems at all times. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Metabolite

I know what metabolites are...

My point was I think he was using that term to avoid specifically naming a substance on the news since it would need to be tested and positively identified first.

I also pointed out I feel he made a bad move performing that particular arrest on TV knowing it would air before court due to whole prejudicial thing.

#15 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:36

yes there is a reason to block legalization. Legalization will increase the number of overall users, there by increasing the number of impared drivers. It's not rocket science.

But whatever.