• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 24 November 2012 - 22:27

A family member got a kinect for my xbox earlier and we've been on it all day really! Was pretty shocked but it was actually very fun, no controllers to hold, very good response times and it's very darn accurate, very impressed with it!
There's a lot of great games out for xbox 360 and most original xbox games work on it too, plus they're cheap! If I was you, I'd trade in the wii u for a 360 :)

#47 ThisIsStockerHD

ThisIsStockerHD

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 24 November 2012 - 22:50

There is no point comparing a week old console to a 6 year old console. Of course the PS3 and 360 are going to have ginormous back catalogues compared to the newcomer.

Everyone knows that 1st party support is where the WiiU will excel at.
And thats the reason I will be getting a WiiU. The prospect of maybe finally getting a HD Zelda.... EPIC WIN ;)

#48 OP nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:05

There is no point comparing a week old console to a 6 year old console. Of course the PS3 and 360 are going to have ginormous back catalogues compared to the newcomer.

And thats the reason I will be getting a WiiU. The prospect of maybe finally getting a HD Zelda.... EPIC WIN ;)

Had the Wii U not been a upgrade to basically bring it up to par with 6 year old consoles, you would have a point. The Wii U may have some nice hardware in it, but realistically all it does is bring it in line with the other 2. Some great things might be in store for the Wii U, but as of right now it's not really shining. Looking at reviews and side by side comparisons to 6 year old consoles show Nintendo have really only closed the gap. They haven't really gone above and beyond have they? Their hardware is capable of more, yes but they haven't utilized it at all to be honest. I don't know...I'm having issues deciding Lol

#49 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:10

The problem with talking specs of the Wii/WiiU is that developers don't care.
Apart from a handful of games, either made by Nintendo themselves, or dancing, developers build for the 360/PS3 then port away.. so even if the WiiU had amazing hardware, no one is gonna take advantage of it.

I don't think this is the case if the Wii U had good hardware and had the right target market for their games.

If all you wanted was an HD Zelda you could use Dophin for the PC and save you all kinds of money.

#50 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:28

Had the Wii U not been a upgrade to basically bring it up to par with 6 year old consoles, you would have a point. The Wii U may have some nice hardware in it, but realistically all it does is bring it in line with the other 2. Some great things might be in store for the Wii U, but as of right now it's not really shining. Looking at reviews and side by side comparisons to 6 year old consoles show Nintendo have really only closed the gap. They haven't really gone above and beyond have they? Their hardware is capable of more, yes but they haven't utilized it at all to be honest. I don't know...I'm having issues deciding Lol

No one's utilised it yet because no one's had enough time with a stable dev kit to do it yet :p In regards to above and beyond... they've tried to do that by innovating in how games are played in the home. Since their last two attempts at raw power failed them, and there are two other companies out there charging down the raw power route, it's nice to have Nintendo there. They've always been ahead of curve in a lot of respects (al most too early most times) - showing what's possible and then others iterating on that whilst they do something else.

On the plus side, you do know the games will start to look a lot better going forward, and if the Wii was anything to go by, there'll be a damn lot of quirky, exclusive titles. What's really enticing about the Xbox is the media capabilities, (which is probably what I use my Kinect the most for right now :p), but I suppose Nintendo TVii does take a different, if slightly less technologically advanced route to solving the same problem.

I suppose it really relies on how much you care about future support. Nintendo consoles are always going to have very unique exclusives (and not just Nintendo titles), and it offers every control scheme outside of Kinect. Gamepad, motion, pointer, touch, camera, etc. But if you're fine with the lack of support for the other two coming in the next 18 months and would rather enjoy the large and occasionally great back catalogues of the other two, jump at them. Personally I'd say stick with the Wii U, pick up some couple of fun multiplayer titles your partner will enjoy, and then pick up the successor's to one of the other two next Christmas season.

If all you wanted was an HD Zelda you could use Dophin for the PC and save you all kinds of money.

If you could afford a PC powerful to actually run a game like Skyward Sword at 1080p at a decent framerate... which isn't cheap :p

#51 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:54

Oh yeah, the Wii U specs are nicer and all.... But if you have to wait another 2-3 years for games devs to learn and take advantage of everything, it's a long wait. And for me, current games for the Wii U are meh...

Both X360 and PS3 have huge libraries of good games, and depending on your preference, some games are not available on the PC (Forza, Halo, ...)

I'd say that Kinect is more successful than the PS3 Move, so, that could be a bonus for the X360.

#52 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:05

ZombieU, all the reason you need to keep it

#53 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:08

Plenty of responses, but my opinion: You know what you want, Xbox 360, get what you want don't try and convince yourself to settle.

#54 OP nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:20

Plenty of responses, but my opinion: You know what you want, Xbox 360, get what you want don't try and convince yourself to settle.

I know! You would think my decision would be easy. But since I started this thread, I've been doing a lot of research. Titles, technology, media capabilities etc. It's made me start to rethink and now I'm stuck in a loop. "The PS3 has some exclusives I really want to play, but there aren't many dance type games. The 360 has lots of titles, multiple dancing games and Kinect so I don't have to wave a wand. The Wii U has some nice titles coming and it does sport that nifty tablet, has some dance games...but the PS3 has games I want to play..."

You get the picture. The other half says I'm too picky ;) I bought a house and moved in last March. I still don't have curtains cause I can't decide on which I like better ;) Lmao

#55 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:32

there probably won't be any new 360 games 3yrs from now, is it really worth getting a console that won't have new games in such a short space of time? The wii U will have new games for 6-9yrs.

#56 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:35

Just go get yourself an old SNES.. everyone loved the SNES.

#57 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:43

I know! You would think my decision would be easy. But since I started this thread, I've been doing a lot of research. Titles, technology, media capabilities etc. It's made me start to rethink and now I'm stuck in a loop. "The PS3 has some exclusives I really want to play, but there aren't many dance type games. The 360 has lots of titles, multiple dancing games and Kinect so I don't have to wave a wand. The Wii U has some nice titles coming and it does sport that nifty tablet, has some dance games...but the PS3 has games I want to play..."

You get the picture. The other half says I'm too picky ;) I bought a house and moved in last March. I still don't have curtains cause I can't decide on which I like better ;) Lmao

Well there is a few reasons to keep the Wii U First the Wii U does not have a Wand you have to wave around like crazy it does how ever have the option to any of the Wii controlers you want on there games or 3rd party games that support them the main controller is the Wii U gamepad that is included with every Wii U

Wii U is much more powerful and is able to render to 2 separate screens at the same time same content or other the Wii U gamepad does not have a GPU or CPU in it the main console does the rendering

You can play most all Wii U games just on the Wii U gamepad screen while someone else uses the TV you also have other features such as the ability to plug in a 3TB USB external HDD or USB thumb drive for more storage but there is also Nintendo TV Wii U GP also acts as a Fully functional universial remote for your TV and everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB6oMesGSB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKtO3LW1oI

Zombie U E3 dev gameplay still really good video to showcase the Wii U GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzFdPUAaso

Call of duty black ops 2 review
http://www.ign.com/a...-2-wii-u-review

Zombie U review
http://www.eurogamer...8-zombiu-review

#58 OP nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:15

Thank you very much to everyone once again! I spoke to the other half and after discussing pretty much everything that was discussed here, we've decided to hold on the Wii U for now. We can go and get a 360 or a PS3 at anytime as well so we'll just enjoy the Wii for now and try out some of the new stuff heading it's way. :laugh:

#59 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:17

Thank you very much to everyone once again! I spoke to the other half and after discussing pretty much everything that was discussed here, we've decided to hold on the Wii U for now. We can go and get a 360 or a PS3 at anytime as well so we'll just enjoy the Wii for now and try out some of the new stuff heading it's way. :laugh:

Well if you guys get Call of duty Black ops 2 for example on the Wii U you will be able to use the Wii U GP to play it while your friend uses the big screen to play it if you do online co op or death match or what ever and hey also you each can play the games on the Wii U GP while the other watches TV or so then neither of you need to worry about shutting the system down so the otehr can sue the TV but yea keep it cause oveer time it will get better and better

when i get one in the near future i am so gonna love the Nintendo TV features as shown in the video above it is gonna kick ass

#60 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:13

Well cool. I just hope that it won't freeze up for you. This seems very common. People are having to pull the power plug because it freezes so bad.