Am I the only one who spends more time swearing at their phone or Tablet when trying to be productive?

I find myself spending more time swearing at my phone or tablet when trying to do simple tasks that would have been quickly accomplished on a desktop or laptop computer. Am alone in this or do other people do it too?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if people who suck at typing on an actual keyboard are less frustrated with their smartphone as far as writing text. As someone who is fast typer on an actual keyboard, I get so annoyed trying to type or dictate on a phone.

If you spend more time swearing at (not by) a device (be it smartphone, tablet, PC, etc.,) - then the device in question is underpowered for what you are asking it to do, and a re-evaluation of its configuration is in order.  (No acronym - it would be NSFW.)  I've had to do such with a laptop, then a notebook that replaced the laptop - not fun at all.

4 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

If you spend more time swearing at (not by) a device (be it smartphone, tablet, PC, etc.,) - then the device in question is underpowered for what you are asking it to do, and a re-evaluation of its configuration is in order.  (No acronym - it would be NSFW.)  I've had to do such with a laptop, then a notebook that replaced the laptop - not fun at all.

The phone is fine. LG V20. It's Just that when I do something on a phone I'm thinking I'd be done by now on a laptop or desktop. Just now I got an email on my phone for an account which is not set up in Thunderbird because people aren't supposed to be emailing me on that address. So instead of signing into google on a web browser to respond, I do it on my phone.  the dictation screwed up and I tried to fix it. Long story short, it took way longer on the phone.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

The phone is fine. LG V20. It's Just that when I do something on a phone I'm thinking I'd be done by now on a laptop or desktop. Just now I got an email on my phone for an account which is not set up in Thunderbird because people aren't supposed to be emailing me on that address. So instead of signing into google on a web browser to respond, I do it on my phone.  the dictation screwed up and I tried to fix it. Long story short, it took way longer on the phone.

Still, a phone bites when it comes to dealing with heavy-volume e-mail - it is why I have all my e-mail accounts (and especially GMail) duplicated outside the phone (in my case, both desktop and notebook) And though the accounts are duplicated, I utterly refuse to use a web browser on either desktop OR notebook for GMail - instead, I use Microsoft Outlook (and have since I first got a GMail account - which predates my first Android phone).  As to why Outlook, it has always been THE industrial-strength e-mail application, and especially on Windows - when Outllook gained IMAP4 support, it went from obvious to no-brainer (before then, I used GMail's own POP3 option with Outlook).