Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

android Adblock Plus for Android available

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Adblock Plus launches on Android to block ads in apps and on the Web, no rooting required

Adblock Plus, a forked version of Adblock, today released version 1.0 of its free native Android app. You can download the app now from the official Google Play store (Android 2.1+ required).

You can also download the .apk directly from AdBlockPlus.org and install it manually. If you do, however, you won

Posted

Just installed this on my S3 :D

Posted

Thanks for the heads up, using AdFree on my rooted One X but I'll give this a go since I've been noticing some adds the past week or 2

EDIT: Hope they add an option to remove the icon from the Notification bar, other than that it's worked fine on sites I quickly tested it on :)

Posted

It's about time. Thanks.

Posted

**** yeah!

Posted

They've also got Adblock Plus for Opera now, neat.

Posted

In gingerbread wifi controls lack the proxy setting needed for this :(

Posted

Ads are annoying, intrusive, and use my data. I would much rather contribute to the devs by paying a few bucks for an ad-free version of the app.

1 person likes this

Posted

let me try to understand this correctly: some of you want to use apps given to you free of charge with the expectation that they will make the cost back through ads that you are intending on blocking? Why not just buy the paid version to avoid the ads?

Posted

In gingerbread wifi controls lack the proxy setting needed for this :(

gingerbread ? really

Thanks for the heads up, using AdFree on my rooted One X but I'll give this a go since I've been noticing some adds the past week or 2

EDIT: Hope they add an option to remove the icon from the Notification bar, other than that it's worked fine on sites I quickly tested it on :)

yea i hope so too thats annoying as hell

Posted

really.. my phone won't support anything higher.... can't afford a new one....

Posted

let me try to understand this correctly: some of you want to use apps given to you free of charge with the expectation that they will make the cost back through ads that you are intending on blocking? Why not just buy the paid version to avoid the ads?

Does it filter ads in apps or just common web traffic?

Posted

really.. my phone won't support anything higher.... can't afford a new one....

Neither did mine, but CM10 to the rescue! JB rocks! (Sporting a Galaxy S here, lol) Thanks for letting me know about adblock, though! (Y)

Posted

I got an Optimus S it's a POS though... as soon as I get more money I'll replace it.

Posted

Not all apps have an ad-free paid version, which is annoying as yes, I'd much rather pay to support the developer than put up with annoying ads that take up valuable screen space.

And no, I'm not using this ad-blocker.

Posted

Think I read somewhere that the blocked ads are downloaded anyway, just pushed elsewhere (to adblock's servers?) Not good for the limited mobile data caps we have, unless someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

AdAway does the job so far though, uses the already existing HOSTS file in Android to stop any ads from being downloaded.

Posted

AdAway does the job so far though, uses the already existing HOSTS file in Android to stop any ads from being downloaded.

I will be checking this out. Thanks.

Posted

Sweet :)

Wonder if I can side load this to my Logitech Revue.

I will be checking this out. Thanks.

There's also adfree (free app) that alter's the host files https://play.google.....android.adfree however, I thought it required root access ?

It works well but came across 1 or 2 apps that just goes crazy with it enabled.