25 posts in this topic

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KRRsx.jpg[/img]

[quote]
The rumored Wii Mini is real. It's coming exclusively to Canada, has no Internet capabilities, and can't play GameCube games.

We reported on a rumor [url="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/26/rumor-mini-wii-coming-soon.aspx"]yesterday[/url] that a new miniature model off the Wii is on the way, and Nintendo has officially [url="http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/ONIEEqvK1pbPyTbW2lWO6QnPUiqqvuuI"]confirmed its existence[/url]. There are currently no plans to bring it anywhere outside of Canada. The system is smaller than the Wii, is black with a red border, and will set Canadians back $99.99. It will be available on December 7.

It seems odd to release a redesigned Wii so shortly after the release of the Wii U doesn't it? It seems like it may have the potential to confuse consumers. It is a new Wii after all, even if it isn't [i]the[/i] new Wii.
[/quote]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/27/wii-mini-coming-exclusively-to-canada.aspx

Posted

I really hope canadian shoppers aren't as dumb as american shoppers and proceed to not buy this.

Posted

many can say something about a guy and his mini wii.

Posted

It's a bad idea to release it so close to the Wii U, as it will only cause confusion. Even more bizarre is that it's limited to just Canada, as we're talking about a Japanese company and Canada is a very small market in comparison to the US or the EU.

Posted

that's becuase the people that run nintendo have mini wii's.

Posted

Yeah, idk wtf this is about. The WiiU is already confusing for some people, this just adds to that.

Posted

Just look like an old top loading CD drive.... But it's red and $99....

You can have a Wii for $149 right now, that goes online, play Gamecube, .... Is a rebate of $50 worth it??

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtgIaj6mrw

Posted

I'll pass.. waiting for the Wii Nano

Posted

the next one will be called u wii wii
1 person likes this

Posted

Everything is [i]smaller [/i]in Canada. ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Dashel' timestamp='1354057533' post='595353300']
Everything is [i]smaller [/i]in Canada. ;)
[/quote]

Even their budget deficit.

Posted

I wonder if this is some sort of trial run. If it sells well in Canada, then it'll most likely be made available in the US and other parts of the world.

Posted

[quote name='theyarecomingforyou' timestamp='1354057678' post='595353306']
Even their budget deficit.
[/quote]

And wasitlines.
1 person likes this

Posted

God I hope no ones stupid enough to buy this. No memory card port or internet? What the hell is that....

Posted

How they can put no wifi in it is beyond me.

Posted

[quote name='chAos972' timestamp='1354060452' post='595353416']How they can put no wifi in it is beyond me.[/quote]

It's hardly surprising when the Wii has the worst online connectivity of all current gen consoles.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Blackhearted' timestamp='1354056379' post='595353232']
I really hope canadian shoppers aren't as dumb as american shoppers and proceed to not buy this.
[/quote]

In 20 years from now, this will be one hell of a nostalgic collector's fantasy on Ebay. Some of the old consoles that had redesign's that didn't sell well became much more rare and apparently sought after by those nostalgic collectors.
1 person likes this

Posted

Looking at the image reminds me of the old famicom.

I really hope no one here is that stupid to buy one.

Posted

[quote name='NightScreams' timestamp='1354062549' post='595353492']
In 20 years from now, this will be one hell of a nostalgic collector's fantasy on Ebay. Some of the old consoles that had redesign's that didn't sell well became much more rare and apparently sought after by those nostalgic collectors.
[/quote]

This is one reason people will buy it. If it has a limited release, it will be a collector's item. I wouldn't be surprised to see these on Ebay soon for a couple of hundred dollars.

Posted

Hopefully someone can gut this and turn it into a portable Wii with a screen and everything. Load all the games up via USB.

Posted

I think it looks cool and everything, but for just a little more you can get a normal full-functioning Wii with Wifi and SD card support. Without Wifi you can't even use Netflix on it. I think the red controller + nunchuk looks sweet!

[quote name='The Teej' timestamp='1354466826' post='595363678']
Hopefully someone can gut this and turn it into a portable Wii with a screen and everything. Load all the games up via USB.
[/quote]

I wonder if modders will be able to mod this bad boy with no SD slot or Gamecube memory card ports.

Posted

With alot of Canadians live out in rural areas with very crappy Wi-fi connections, this is great for them.

Posted

Yes, but will it blend?

Posted

I wish it had WiFi and/or an SD card slot to transfer Virtual Machine games. I love the look of it and it would be awesome to load it up with NES/SNES/N64 games.