Photo

Are You Tracked?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Tracking Around the World

Do You Allow Yourself to be Tracked?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 a.mcdear

a.mcdear

Neowinian

• 139 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 22:43

Yes. I enable most of the tracking features on my Android/Google powered devices. I find that they really do improve my experience, especially on my phone and tablets. I pretty much only use Google's features though. I do not participate in goetagging photos on Facebook, using Foursquare, or other social networking services that are available to the general public. But I do use services likie Google Latitude with location history enabled, and I use that to keep track of things like how often I spend out vs at home or at work, etc.

At the same time, I am very careful about which online services I use, who I allow to track me, using encryption and other technologies to keep my info private, etc. So while I have absolutely no qualms about being tracked by certain services I have opted into, I am also very careful about which information is accessible to other people, and I do everything in my power to make it difficult for anybody to obtain information about me without my knowledge or consent.

#32 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:25

I'm fine with being tracked. It enriches my social experiences. If a company wants to know where I am, then they're welcome to. :p

Same here.

#33 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,652 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 December 2012 - 14:58

Where it's possible to disable tracking, I do so