iTunes 11 Unusable on both OS

osx win8

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:50

Is this freezing for anybody else? I get about 2 seconds of use before it freezes on me. It does this on BOTH Windows 8 and OS X on my Mac Pro.

Activity Monitor has the CPU ranging between 0.1 and 0.5%

#2 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:50

I'm not having issues, question is your music on a network drive or something?

#3 Hendrick

Hendrick

Neowinian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:51

No problems here (in terms of performance) on 10.8.2.

#4 xstex

xstex

Neowinian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:54

Nope, fine here, though not really much faster than previous builds.

#5 OP xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:57

I'm not having issues, question is your music on a network drive or something?

They are on separate hard drives. I have two SSDs for just the OSes and programs. Then I have 2 1TB hard drives for the data. iTunes - OS X is on one hard drive and iTunes - Windows is on another.

#6 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05

I'm actually inclined to love the new iTunes (for Windows), it's working a lot better on Windows 8 than the last version did. However, now I can't figure out how to group my album view by recording year and it's really starting to irritate me.

#7 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:10

Didn’t see this problem so far (Windows 8 Pro and OS X 10.8), but I know some users are reporting the same problem on the Apple boards. Did you try to re-create your library from scratch?

#8 OP xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36

Didn’t see this problem so far (Windows 8 Pro and OS X 10.8), but I know some users are reporting the same problem on the Apple boards. Did you try to re-create your library from scratch?

That was it. Thanks!

#9 kevpan815

kevpan815

Apple Developer Program + Ubuntu Tester

• Phone: Apple IPhone 5 Running IOS 6.1 Beta 3!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40

Is this freezing for anybody else? I get about 2 seconds of use before it freezes on me. It does this on BOTH Windows 8 and OS X on my Mac Pro.

Activity Monitor has the CPU ranging between 0.1 and 0.5%

I have been able to get it to work on Mac OSX 10.8.3, however when I try to install it on A Windows 8 Clean Install and then turn on the ITunes Match Service, it Freezes! I think it sounds like Apple should have made this a Public Beta rather than a Private one! :-(

#10 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 December 2012 - 13:41

I have been using iTunes 11 a LOT since it came out and I love it.

And that's on my Mac.

I bought my brother (who I have staying in my spare room temporarily) a copy of Windows 8 and gave him a laptop to use, and we installed iTunes 11 on that too and it runs like a dream (on a 4 year old Thinkpad!).

So I don't think this issue you're having is iTunes, rather a sad coincidence.

#11 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 01 December 2012 - 13:53

Try to disable Genius somehow. (If it's possible to press that menu item in 2-3 second)
I had itunes 2-3 sec freezing for about a year ago, and if I disabled genius, then it worked fine. (For me it's fixed since then, so I can use genius again)

#12 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 December 2012 - 14:01

I'm actually inclined to love the new iTunes (for Windows), it's working a lot better on Windows 8 than the last version did. However, now I can't figure out how to group my album view by recording year and it's really starting to irritate me.

I don't think you can group them by year, but you can sort them by year...

View>View Options

Also if you hit the search icon & untick "Search Entire Library" it will display the results in the main window rather than in a search menu. So you can put in a year & it will show all albums from that year.

#13 Roxkis

Roxkis

Neowinian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 14:38

Welp, i updated to itunes 11 and can no longer sync my itouch,
When i first updated it found my itouch, but soon after it eased all my music when i tried to sync a song!!
After I disconnected my itouch and found all my music gone, I tried to reconnect it but my laptop wouldn't detect it...at all. (wouldn't even charge it)

After a **** load of re-installs later I find the apple mobile usb driver is borked
and the only way to fix it is to uninstall apple mobile device support.
After that is uninstalled my itouch is picked up by windows and the device charges but its unable to be
used in itunes, because apparently it needs apple mobile device support (who would have thought /s) trash to be able to sync..

But wait there's more!

I can't even downgrade back to the last itunes because it says its unable to read my library
due to having been used with an updated itunes..

What great software this is...

#14 Bad Booster

Bad Booster

Evil Mastermind

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad 2 16GB WiFi

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:00

Any device that has been jailbroken in any way will not sync with iTunes 11. So people who have trouble syncing with iTunes should look at this as a possible reason.

#15 DPyro

DPyro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:26

Any device that has been jailbroken in any way will not sync with iTunes 11. So people who have trouble syncing with iTunes should look at this as a possible reason.

I don't know where your getting this information but from what I've heard everything works fine....I'll have to check it out later.