iTunes 11 Unusable on both OS

Is this freezing for anybody else? I get about 2 seconds of use before it freezes on me. It does this on BOTH Windows 8 and OS X on my Mac Pro.

Activity Monitor has the CPU ranging between 0.1 and 0.5%

I'm not having issues, question is your music on a network drive or something?

They are on separate hard drives. I have two SSDs for just the OSes and programs. Then I have 2 1TB hard drives for the data. iTunes - OS X is on one hard drive and iTunes - Windows is on another.

I'm actually inclined to love the new iTunes (for Windows), it's working a lot better on Windows 8 than the last version did. However, now I can't figure out how to group my album view by recording year and it's really starting to irritate me.

Didn?t see this problem so far (Windows 8 Pro and OS X 10.8), but I know some users are reporting the same problem on the Apple boards. Did you try to re-create your library from scratch?

Didn?t see this problem so far (Windows 8 Pro and OS X 10.8), but I know some users are reporting the same problem on the Apple boards. Did you try to re-create your library from scratch?

That was it. Thanks!

• Like 1

Is this freezing for anybody else? I get about 2 seconds of use before it freezes on me. It does this on BOTH Windows 8 and OS X on my Mac Pro.

I have been able to get it to work on Mac OSX 10.8.3, however when I try to install it on A Windows 8 Clean Install and then turn on the ITunes Match Service, it Freezes! I think it sounds like Apple should have made this a Public Beta rather than a Private one! :-(

I have been using iTunes 11 a LOT since it came out and I love it.

And that's on my Mac.

I bought my brother (who I have staying in my spare room temporarily) a copy of Windows 8 and gave him a laptop to use, and we installed iTunes 11 on that too and it runs like a dream (on a 4 year old Thinkpad!).

So I don't think this issue you're having is iTunes, rather a sad coincidence.

Try to disable Genius somehow. (If it's possible to press that menu item in 2-3 second)

I had itunes 2-3 sec freezing for about a year ago, and if I disabled genius, then it worked fine. (For me it's fixed since then, so I can use genius again)

I'm actually inclined to love the new iTunes (for Windows), it's working a lot better on Windows 8 than the last version did. However, now I can't figure out how to group my album view by recording year and it's really starting to irritate me.

I don't think you can group them by year, but you can sort them by year...

View>View Options

Also if you hit the search icon & untick "Search Entire Library" it will display the results in the main window rather than in a search menu. So you can put in a year & it will show all albums from that year.

Welp, i updated to itunes 11 and can no longer sync my itouch,

When i first updated it found my itouch, but soon after it eased all my music when i tried to sync a song!!

After I disconnected my itouch and found all my music gone, I tried to reconnect it but my laptop wouldn't detect it...at all. (wouldn't even charge it)

After a **** load of re-installs later I find the apple mobile usb driver is borked

and the only way to fix it is to uninstall apple mobile device support.

After that is uninstalled my itouch is picked up by windows and the device charges but its unable to be

used in itunes, because apparently it needs apple mobile device support (who would have thought /s) trash to be able to sync..

But wait there's more!

I can't even downgrade back to the last itunes because it says its unable to read my library

due to having been used with an updated itunes..

What great software this is...

Any device that has been jailbroken in any way will not sync with iTunes 11. So people who have trouble syncing with iTunes should look at this as a possible reason.

Any device that has been jailbroken in any way will not sync with iTunes 11. So people who have trouble syncing with iTunes should look at this as a possible reason.

I don't know where your getting this information but from what I've heard everything works fine....I'll have to check it out later.

There is no jailbreak for the 5th gen itouch, which is what i own.

Also for anyone having my issues or just don't like itunes 11

Uninstall

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

iTunes

QuickTime

Apple Software Update

Apple Mobile Device Support

Bonjour

Apple Application Support

Here itunes 10.7: http://www.filehosti...64Setup_(1).exe

A How to recover you library after you go back to itunes 10.7 from 11

Now you will have to rescue your old iTunes library from your Music>iTunes > Previous Libraries folder and rename it "iTunes Library.itl" (replacing the existing one in the iTunes folder) because a newer version of iTunes irreversibly updates your library file. Note, this will revert your library to version at the time of the upgrade and you will have to update any changes made since.

I found a bug on iTunes11 when you minimize it doesnt turn into the player on the right corner but it does when you minimize it uncheck and recheck it on the toolbar settings.

I found a few more bugs :| It does work when you change the compatibility to Vista but than a message pops up to turn off compataiblity because it may cause it to crash and it did but right now its working. So much for trying to make improvements right? Is there way to make people to switch to Mac by crippling the software for the Windows side?

I am happy to read that many people have had no issues with iTunes 11. However, I am not one of them. The installation went OK and all my music is there and works. The issue comes when syncing my iPhone, iPad to it. At step 8 where it is to update apps, it crashes and I see the code for the crash. I have reinstalled it again. I have rest and restored my iPhone, all to no avail. Crash reports have been sent and I hope to see some news. Other forums on this do not have as many happy users.

Mac MP Pro

OS X 10.8.2

System tray icon still isn't fixed under Windows 7. Shame on Apple for not fixing it; the icon pixels have been messed up since version 10.5 at least. Other then that the new iTunes 11 seems faster than 10.7 was. Interface is a little sleeker looking, but 10.7 looked fine as well.

I tried to install it on Windows and it did not install. It installed fine on the Mac.