Most likes ever received for a single post?

What's the most likes you have ever gotten for a single post here on Neowin?

Applies to front page and forum post. If you can find that post and link it here, it'd be nice, however it's not required, but will legitimize your boasting. :)

I'll start: ~10-15 ish. I'm not sure.

• Like 3

This "like" phenomenon is really getting pathethic.

I think it's all in good fun. Honestly, I like getting "likes" on posts that I feel genuinely helped someone, rather than agreeing with something, or making a joke. Those are the ones I enjoy.

^ My, what a big e-penis you have.

Yes, I block "like" buttons, because I will never use them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

cDs01cl.jpg

You love it.

I love being liked. Validation on the Internet from strangers is what gives me strength.

• Like 4

Last I remember was five, for posting another shopped Neobond.

I figure that any prolonged Windows 8 thread will have some hero (taking either side of the argument) that in this respect pwns any other record breaker here. After Windows 8 settles down, I call for likes system to be purged. I'd give all my likes for those crackpots to have none at all.

• Like 3

The more interesting metric imho is the likes per total posts ratio. As in (# of likes/# of posts)*100.

For me that'd be (1,883/19,051)*100 = 9.88

• Like 4

Worse than pathetic!! Is sickening worse than that?

Question should be, have you ever even paid any attention to how many likes your post has received?

• Like 2

The more interesting metric imho is the likes per total posts ratio. As in (# of likes/# of posts)*100.

For me that'd be (1,883/19,051)*100 = 9.88

For me that's (1504/9243)*100 = 16.27

Is there a way to find out your most liked post? I've never kept track of them.

• Like 2

I don't really know as I rarely pay attention to my own--but I do like that the feature exists. It's a way to agree with someone or thank them for their contribution or show appreciation without having to post something lame like "Cool!" or "yeah, what he said" or whatever. The forum equivalent for those of us who prefer to sit back, relax, smile, nod approval, or give a thumbs-up without having to say a word.

• Like 4