Eddie Cue Sells $8.8 Million of His Apple Stock

Is the Apple ship in trouble? Let's look at the series of lately events here for a minute:

1. iOS6 is released and doesn't impress anybody.

2. Apple Maps is a huge failure. Doesn't work properly.

3. Scott Forstall and 2 other executives get fired.

4. Bob Mansfield cashes his $20 million Apple stock and decides to "retire".

5. Now, Eddie Cue decides to sell his $8.8 million in Apple stock. "Retirement" next?

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to be the Apple Starship isn't doing very well. Ever since its captain died, nothing's been the same. Something is wrong at Apple.

What do you think?

absf3Ewc.jpg

Source and full article: http://www.cultofmac.com/204395/eddy-cue-sells-8-8-million-in-apple-stock/

Given the popularity of the iPhone, the unwavering zealots, and the ridiculous patent lawsuit windfalls, I highly doubt Apple is going anywhere any time soon.

We used to Apple used to have a distortion field, it now seems Microsoft fanboys have one about Apple. Yes the share price will come down until it reaches a true valuation of the company. But marketshare, revenue and profit are all still rising in almost every area so yeh they really are sinking aren't they...

When the first iPhone came out.. It was a HUGE step forward.. I love it.. I had all of them expect the iPhone 5.. The iPhone was more stable and more supported than Android..

Years later.. Android becomes very stable, well supported, TONS of features, IMPROVES their product.. iPhone left in the dust.. Even some of the iSheep are seeing it..

Macbook Pro - Awesome Laptop --> Discontinues 17" version, Makes 15" with integrated ram and hard to upgrade the hard drive..

iPad.. Same damn thing it was when they first released it..

Apple trying to sue everyone..

They have gone way down hill.. I really wish they would make their next iPhone with a ton of features, less strict on the App Store,

We used to Apple used to have a distortion field, it now seems Microsoft fanboys have one about Apple. Yes the share price will come down until it reaches a true valuation of the company. But marketshare, revenue and profit are all still rising in almost every area so yeh they really are sinking aren't they...

Don't get me wrong. I am no Android or Microsoft fanboy. I have 2 PCs, an iMac, an iPad and an Android phone but the truth is the truth. Apple has internal troubles and something is not right.

You might want to take a look at this:

Android Market Share Reached 75% Worldwide in Q3 2012

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/02/idc-android-market-share-reached-75-worldwide-in-q3-2012/

Don't get me wrong. I am no Android or Microsoft fanboy. I have 2 PCs, an iMac, an iPad and an Android phone but the truth is the truth. Apple has internal troubles and something is not right.

http://techcrunch.co...ide-in-q3-2012/

I am looking, a massive year on year boost in shipments and an increase in market share, Android is gaining at the expense of others.

Not in my life time will Apple come falling down. At present they are to big and money rich. Beside with the ability to now sell their products (iPhone) in both India and China (more people than almost all the other countries on planet earth) they are looking at the possilility of increasing their sales by as much as 25 to 50 % in the smartphone market.

No they aren't coming apart at the seems as of yet. . .

I am looking, a massive year on year boost in shipments and an increase in market share, Android is gaining at the expense of others.

Yes...But it is gaining and that's the point. Whether its gaining at the expense of others or not, the point is it is gaining and Apple is falling behind.

They need to get into the innovation wagon again. Google keeps making Android better and better while iOS is still stuck. It's time to make changes to that OS.

Apple isn't going anywhere, but there hayday is coming to an end. Soon I can see them fading into a blurry landscape of everything else. I think the apple fanboy ride will always stay about the same, while the perception of the company will fault.

Not in my life time will Apple come falling down. At present they are to big and money rich. Beside with the ability to now sell their products (iPhone) in both India and China (more people than almost all the other countries on planet earth) they are looking at the possilility of increasing their sales by as much as 25 to 50 % in the smartphone market.

No they aren't coming apart at the seems as of yet. . .

You must have missed the 90s

• Like 3

Apple is going no where. yes, SGS3,Note2 and now Nexus 4 Apple is having hard time with sales,

The growth has slowed down but its no where near going down.

Nexus 7 and surface(although sales is very low) has giving ipad a hard time.

People always seem to forget a truly sobering statistic overall:

Apple makes basically 1 phone a year, 1 tablet a year, 1 new revision of their laptops and desktops a year, etc. This year they did alter that somewhat with the iPad 4 and iPad mini but their track record is basically 1 device per year per category of device, more or less.

Contrast that with how many Android phones produced in the past 12 months across all the companies making phones... maybe 40, 50, even 60 phones? How many tablets? 40? 50? 60?

The sobering statistic: Apple cranks out a few products a year vs the competition cranking out dozens upon dozens of products a year updating them nearly constantly and still Apple makes money hand over fist. That comes primarily from Apple working on a ~40% profit margin since the day the company was founded.

Nobody else has or will ever make that kind of profit on their devices, even when they manufacturer them in-house which Apple doesn't do. Considering that alone, the fact that Apple uses outside firms and services to make their products (the design is traditionally in-house, not the manufacture), and they can still crank out ~40% profit across the board - or even higher on some items - is utterly astonishing and the direct reason they have close to $200 billion in cash without any serious bills or expenses in sight.

Lots of posting from haters in here hating against Apple. Typical.

Lots of posts from apple fan boys with no basis also. Typical.

I don't think we will see any OS overtake windows anytime soon. Regardless of how "iffy" windows 8 is or will be. Windows has its foot in too many doors to prevent that door from closing.

• Like 2

Apple sold a record amount of iPhones when the 5 launched. The iPad mini sold out over the weekend. The company recently became the second largest phone manufacturer in the US, overtaking LG. Polls showed consumers want an iPad more than anything else for the holidays. How is the Surface giving the iPad a hard time when sales are very low? Makes no sense. Of course this is all ignored by some because it simply isn't want they want to see happing. Apple not doing well is largely based on emotion rather than fact.

That 75% Android market share doesn't mean much for iPhone. It only means that there are crapload of cheap Android phones being sold compared to something like Galaxy S3 or One X. Apple doesn't compete in that market and will never do until they start making $100-150 iPhones (which I doubt they will ever do).

I think they are losing market share because the market itself is growing but Apple is growing at a slower pace compared to overall market.

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people have been selling stock lately. It has nothing to do with how the company is performing, but what possible tax changes might occur in the next month.

Plus, you know, sometimes you just want a few million dollars.