android windows twitter

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,926 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:09

So true. Apparently Microsoft has little convinced in their own products.

Either that or Microsoft is desperate/scared. They are taking a big risk here hoping that 8 and really needs to make sure this takes off and does well. And yea, W8 sales are doing well but then again, this is also the year of the tablet. Tablet sales have been doing well for the major 3 all year. I like W8 on a tablet and if I buy another tab, I am probably going to get a W8 tablet. I like the idea of having full Windows around on a portable/touch device.

#17 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:00

Honestly, I hope I can continue to use my Titan II has a camera even after I get my Lumia. The 16MP camera can't be beat.

If you snag a 920 you won't even want to touch the Titan II when it comes to pics. Unless you keep it in the glove box as a quick P&S for some reason.

If you have a good product that works well and really does blow the competition away, then let the product speak for itself...no trash talking is needed. And no, I do not call those "Smoked by Windows" stunts showing what WP8 can do. WP8 is more than posting pics to FB.

So true. Apparently Microsoft has little convinced in their own products.

The problem is that if you use those metrics then Apple has no confidence as they have trash talked all sorts of other devices in their quest to be cool.

Almost every tech company that is a big player in the computer fields, especially the 'Big 3' of Apple, Google, and Microsoft, have done this.

So what you're really saying is that no one is confident.

#18 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,227 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:04

Even though the Lumia only has an 8.7 MP?

#19 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08

as for me it's use what you like and feel good about it..... I use android and like it and I don't bash people that use iphones and windows phones and blackberries and tell them thier stuff sucks.... if they show me a cool feature about it I'll go "cool" and sometimes the features are cool. I'm very unbiased when it comes to tech. I like a bit of all the phone OSes and I hate parts of them all about the same.

#20 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:21

I hope my 3rd XBox will work more than 1 year #WindowsRage

#21 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:33

Even though the Lumia only has an 8.7 MP?

Megapixels is just a measure of the pixels in the image.

That doesn't make the image better necessarily...it just makes it larger in terms of physical dimensions.

If that were the case then your average 16MP P&S Black Friday special from WalMart would be better than an 8MP DSLR from Canon.

There are a lot of factors that go into what makes a great camera. The MP is just the size part of the equation.

Think of it in terms of PC parts. Is a 2TB hard drive always better than a 1TB drive, or do the other parts make a difference in determining the quality?

The camera that is built-in to the Lumia 920 has several features that previous phone cameras have either been missing, or has rarely been implemented. This includes the optical (instead of digital) image stabilization, back-side illumination,

Here's a comparison shot from WPCentral for Titan II (left) vs Lumia 920 (right):

Posted Image

Also here's a night shot with the Lumia 920 (top) vs Titan II (bottom)

Posted Image

The 920 has a very, very nice camera on it, for a phone.

I hope my 3rd XBox will work more than 1 year #WindowsRage

Having worked on multiple Xbox teams I can say that if multiple consoles are dying like that it's almost always something 'environmental'.

Note: I'm not saying this is 100% or that earlier models didn't have some issues, but at 7-years in if you're only on a 3rd box and each has lasted less than a year that points to you owning newer revisions, and the slim models do not have the same issue that earlier models did.

So if a 360 S is having a problem...then there's something else there going on. I would be more than happy to discuss it off-thread in order to troubleshoot possible environmental causes.

#22 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:41

hmmmm my ZTE Warp's got the wierd light thingy too:

there's extra halos around some lights....

2012-12-04 21.26.22.jpg

#23 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 14:54

Having worked on multiple Xbox teams I can say that if multiple consoles are dying like that it's almost always something 'environmental'.

Note: I'm not saying this is 100% or that earlier models didn't have some issues, but at 7-years in if you're only on a 3rd box and each has lasted less than a year that points to you owning newer revisions, and the slim models do not have the same issue that earlier models did.

So if a 360 S is having a problem...then there's something else there going on. I would be more than happy to discuss it off-thread in order to troubleshoot possible environmental causes.

Nah my first one lasted something like 2 year before i got a RRoD. Was able to send it for repair.

Then i decided to sell the repaired console and buy a new elite model.

This one lasted for around 3 months. The HDMI port stoped working for no reason. Was still able to connect and play it using normal RCA cable.

Sent it for repair and then sold it.

I just bought a 3rd one the new smaller model to play Halo 4 (and gave Skyrim for free here). If this one can't last until i buy a next gen console i'm gonna go with sony next gen.

Almost everyone i know had at the minimum 1 RRoD (some had 2). Nothing environmental it's a known and well documented problem of the first model. The HDMI port problem of the elite model is a well known problem too. I found lot of posts on forums about it when i did my search to know what was going on.

Cross fingers and touch wood.

hmmmm my ZTE Warp's got the wierd light thingy too:

there's extra halos around some lights....

2012-12-04 21.26.22.jpg

It's a way for your phone to tell you to get rid of that pikachu figurine.

#24 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:35

With the new one being a 360 S no knocking should be needed. They've made some design changes that completely negate the earlier issues you had with the GPU and HANA chip. :)