Shooting at mall in Portland

Police say two people have been killed and at least four injured after a man with a rifle opened fire inside the Clackamas Town Center.

PORTLAND, Ore. ? Two people have been killed and at least four injured after a man opened fire inside the Clackamas Town Center, according to preliminary reports.

Dispatchers received reports that a shooting may have occurred near Macy's inside the shopping mall and a man was seen with a rifle near the mall's food court, says The Oregonian.

One witness at the Clackamas Town Center told television station KATU at least two people were shot, and he saw sheets put over them.

Another witness told the station she saw people screaming and parents grabbing their children as they fled the mall.

That witness said the gunman had a rifle and was wearing a camouflage outfit and a mask.

Another witness said ambulances were arriving at the scene.

Entrances to the mall have been blocked off.

http://news.msn.com/us/reports-of-gunfire-at-mall-near-portland-ore

These stories seem to be happening on a weekly basis now.

Just another reason to arm the citizens. Let's see what a crazy who want to shoot up a mall thinks when he sees 10 guns pointed back at him.

Oh yes, handing out guns to even more people that really shouldn't have them is a great plan. :rolleyes:

I suppose you also think the key to put out a fire is to add more fuel.

Just remember, 80,000,000 gun owners didn't kill anyone today, so its ok.....

My newphew called me from the managers office in one of the stores in Clackamas, he had shots land within 25 feet of him and had to run into live fire for cover. He told me the rounds were 223 and it was an ar15 and that the man dropped atleast one mag *nephew when shots stopped and he thought he was safe when and picked up a casing and identified the gun by its mag). One of the fatalities he saw was a headshot. He said he heard someone (he thinks the gunman) Start screaming hands up after about 20 rounds.

Just remember, 80,000,000 gun owners didn't kill anyone today, so its ok.....

My sister was in that mall. She carries a handgun, but had taken it off of her because handguns are banned in the mall.....That said, I was in Lloyd Center mall up he road that day and had as usual removed my gun when entering the mall. I had almost gone shopping with them I was almost in Clackamas mall with them and I wouldn't of had my gun on me. That changes now, I am buying an in pants holster so I can carry in more places with less people noticing. I wont stand by and let something happen if Im around and I am sure I have the courage after the introspection form what happened to me a few years ago as many of you might remember.

• Like 2

I don't even know why people continue to debate firearms on here really. Those who are pro-firearms only see events like this as a reason why more people should be armed. And those who are anti-firearms think events like this are the exact reason why people shouldn't be armed. Neither is ever likely to shift opinion as clearly both viewpoints are based on deep-rooted opinions and feeling, so why even bother arguing about it, and falling out with each other.

Either way it's another sad, tragic event. Needless loss of life and especially this close to the holidays - very sad :(

I don't even know why people continue to debate firearms on here really. Those who are pro-firearms only see events like this as a reason why more people should be armed. And those who are anti-firearms think events like this are the exact reason why people shouldn't be armed. Neither is ever likely to shift opinion as clearly both viewpoints are based on deep-rooted opinions and feeling, so why even bother arguing about it, and falling out with each other.

Either way it's another sad, tragic event. Needless loss of life and especially this close to the holidays - very sad :(

I am not pro firearms, Ive grown to hate guns, and if I lived in a normal country where guns weren't everywhere I would feel no need to own one. But things are too close to home for me and the US is too saturated with weapons for any change to happen. Like you said , very tragic and I am so very relieved my sister and nieces and nephews weren't hurt (although my nephew came close).

My sister was in that mall. She carries a handgun, but had taken it off of her because handguns are banned in the mall.....That said, I was in Lloyd Center mall up he road that day and had as usual removed my gun when entering the mall. I had almost gone shopping with them I was almost in Clackamas mall with them and I wouldn't of had my gun on me. That changes now, I am buying an in pants holster so I can carry in more places with less people noticing. I wont stand by and let something happen if Im around and I am sure I have the courage after the introspection form what happened to me a few years ago as many of you might remember.

Those "no guns" sign mean something out there?? They don't here. I just conceal at the malls. They have to spot you first then ask for you to take it outside. Concealed means concealed.

• Like 2

Those "no guns" sign mean something out there?? They don't here. I just conceal at the malls. They have to spot you first then ask for you to take it outside. Concealed means concealed.

The problem is just how much trouble they will give you, you might be banned from the mall and not able to shop their etc. I don't really care about the rules anymore though, if I am kicked out I am kicked out, but preferably no one will notice.

The problem is just how much trouble they will give you, you might be banned from the mall and not able to shop their etc. I don't really care about the rules anymore though, if I am kicked out I am kicked out, but preferably no one will notice.

Indeed. The worst around here is they will just ask you to leave it in your car or leave. They won't ban you the first time.

Indeed. The worst around here is they will just ask you to leave it in your car or leave. They won't ban you the first time.

I think it would have to be a giant mall to ban you. The smaller ones need your business to much. That being said, in a giant mall, how would they ever spot you and you can claim ignorance if they ever did.

Im surprised the news media hasn't quite yet picked up on the gun it was. It was an AR15 in 223 Caliber. Waiting for this part to come out.

If they try to ban it, I may just have to go shopping. One of my favorite firearms to shoot.

I think it would have to be a giant mall to ban you. The smaller ones need your business to much. That being said, in a giant mall, how would they ever spot you and you can claim ignorance if they ever did.

True. At my local malls its posted VERY small on the wall.

I have been tempted to take out a loan for about 2k. Get a custom AR and a few hundred or thousand rounds. Just to have in case of a ban.

based on deep-rooted opinions and feeling, so why even bother arguing about it, and falling out with each other.

Perhaps not based on opinions and feeling.

Just another reason to arm the citizens. Let's see what a crazy who want to shoot up a mall thinks when he sees 10 guns pointed back at him.

He wont care i can tell you that.

I am pretty sure they are prepared to die anyway so the threat of getting shot isn't going to be a deterrent, they will just get bigger better weapons to do max damage, and just because someone has a gun "for protection" does not mean they will be prepared to fire it, even if they did then there is no telling how good a shot they are.

I am pretty sure they are prepared to die anyway so the threat of getting shot isn't going to be a deterrent, they will just get bigger better weapons to do max damage, and just because someone has a gun "for protection" does not mean they will be prepared to fire it, even if they did then there is no telling how good a shot they are.

All your points are right and I think that a tactical shooting course similar to swat team members should be required of conceal carry holders.

oh my god.. when will you people get it!?

the way to stop this **** is to NOT allow people to carry guns.. urgh

I would agree with you if you actually had a feasible way to remove guns from America. Most households owns gun and their everywhere. But we don't have that method and so its a necessary evil for America.

You're more likely to get hit by lightning than shot by a stranger, yet no one contemplates carrying lighting rods with them everywhere they go.

Given the rate of accidental shooting / deaths, if you're looking to minimize risk, you're much better off not owning a gun.

they won't, they love the gun as part of their being.

they won't, they love the gun as part of their being.

Your right about most, and we have some on here like that, but then we also have people like me who don't love guns, but own one and carry, but would get rid of it the instant they lived in a society not saturated with firepower.