Photo

2...Yes 2 new phones today

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP V8nside

V8nside

Neowinian

Posted 13 December 2012 - 20:51

I didnt have 1200$ to lay out for 2 new phones and if Im going to pay $40-60/month/phone anyway why not get discounted phones? Like I said I dont change my phones that often and the monthly charge doesn't change if I pay full price for the phone or not, but yes 3 years does suck...

So far I love the (wifes) S3, the interface very smooth, nice hardware but crappy default apps..

The OneX is great, the beats audio on my Monster ear buds is truely awesome and 64GB is nice to have, going to try some videos soon.

#17 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 13 December 2012 - 20:54

Canada has contracts on everything. Hell I even have a 3 year contract with my Satelite (Bell). With whom I also have 2, 3 year, Cell contracts. And I have a 1 year minimum contract with Rogers for internet.

#18 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:02

When talking about postpaid in North America (other than a few exceptions) you pay the same price monthly whether you took a phone on contract or not. It's actually dumb to NOT buy a phone when you get an upgrade ever since they implemented prorated ETFs.

I can get a new phone every 2 years for $400 off and pay X amount of money per month, or I can buy the phone for full price and still pay X amount of money per month. I upgrade my phone at least once a year, but I ALWAYS buy a phone right when I'm up for contract renewal. Even if there is no phone I want from their selection, I will choose the one with the highest resale profit and sell it.

Well it's the same everywhere.
Though in corporate or "group" contracts, you pay what you consume and since most calls within the same group are free (eg could be a company, group of friends, etc.) You end up paying barely tax.
I pay $5 unlimited free calling to 3 numbers, $5 for 1gb of internet (up AND down :/) Thats around $12 a month including tax... I understand though, that this is different everywhere else.

#19 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:26

$5 for 1gb of internet (up AND down :/)

Man, that blows :s

#20 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:28

Man, that blows :s

Tell me about it... I used to be $5 for 500mb... 1gb is still meh though... Once you get passed the limit, speed throttles down to 128k... a 3g or 4g internet plan ( according to coverage) costs around $50 for 10gb (again up and down). we get butt rapped!

#21 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5 16 GB

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:58

With AT&T, you get 300 MB for $20 or 3 GB for $30 on the individual plans. That's far worse than $5/GB, that's actually not bad.Thankfully, I am grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited data plan for now.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!