journal android

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 December 2012 - 19:44

I'm looking for an app to cover the functionality of Momento in iOS for me but on Android.

What I use the app for is more for memory keepsakes. I like to record when I pay bills, when I order stuff, when I change out my contacts, when I changed the filter to the fridge, etc. Thats how I manage my todo list. I take a look at the last time I did something and think about if it is time to do it again.

Something that is date centric, allows text and photo entry, and has tagging capabilities. I don't want something that syncs with Facebook and/or Twitter, but if that is optional then I just won't use those particular features. If I can manage the data from my Mac (via standalone app or web interface) then that would be an added bonus.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: I've considered just using Evernote for this. And I might just end up doing that and keep these in a separate binder. Idk.. my notes and my journal have always been separate kinds of things (when I had them in a physical form and in a digital form). Evernote isn't really "date centric"...

#2 dnast

dnast

Long-winded

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28

After looking more into the description of this app and some of the top reviews, this might not be a solution for you, but I'll just put it out there: Little Diary.

I happened to come across this app today reading about Android app re-designs and it reminded me of your post which had me stumped when I first read it days ago. It does appear to be date-centric, but I don't see anything about support for pictures, unfortunately.

#3 manroweb

manroweb

Lover of all things tech

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 December 2012 - 17:32

I setup a secondary calendar under my gmail account for journal entries.

#4 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 23 December 2012 - 17:41

I'm looking for an app to cover the functionality of Momento in iOS for me but on Android.

What I use the app for is more for memory keepsakes. I like to record when I pay bills, when I order stuff, when I change out my contacts, when I changed the filter to the fridge, etc. Thats how I manage my todo list. I take a look at the last time I did something and think about if it is time to do it again.

Something that is date centric, allows text and photo entry, and has tagging capabilities. I don't want something that syncs with Facebook and/or Twitter, but if that is optional then I just won't use those particular features. If I can manage the data from my Mac (via standalone app or web interface) then that would be an added bonus.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: I've considered just using Evernote for this. And I might just end up doing that and keep these in a separate binder. Idk.. my notes and my journal have always been separate kinds of things (when I had them in a physical form and in a digital form). Evernote isn't really "date centric"...

I'm sure there are apps that suits your need. But the problem here is finding one.

Personally I'm using Quill, just a hand-written note taking app. Not something that you described.

#5 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 23 December 2012 - 18:10

That little diary app seems close but without photo support it doesn't fit 100%. Decided to just use Evernote. It tags the date onto entries but it isn't date-centric. The main difference being what is in the header.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!