Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rude toy upsets mum

32 posts in this topic

Posted

An angry mother has hit out after a toy she bought in Preston played a song containing swear words.

Daniella Gibirdi, 19, bought three of the flashing butterfly toys, one for her one-year-old daughter, Evie and one each for her niece and god daughter.

During last month

Posted

Need video link! :D

Posted

Mark Whittle from the Preston Business Improvement District said:

Posted

*yawn*... someone got upset... people get upset all the time, often over nothing. Hardly news.

7 people like this

Posted

lol how much do we wanna bet that the mom swears in front of the kid on more then one occasion but gets uptight when a toy does it.

7 people like this

Posted

lol how much do we wanna bet that the mom swears in front of the kid on more then one occasion but gets uptight when a toy does it.

Exactly what I am thinking! :D

Posted

She said:
1 person likes this

Posted

*yawn*... someone got upset... people get upset all the time, often over nothing. Hardly news.

Let me guess, you don't have kids right?

Posted

Considering she's 19 and she already has a kid, I'm inclined to agree. And after Googling her name and coming across her Twitter, I'd say 99.9% yes.

4 people like this

Posted

Daniella and Evie

Posted

... words children are going to eventually learn anyway ? ... its like buying your self a

1 person likes this

Posted

Wont somebody think of the mothers?!

--

I mean seriously, she heard it, take it away from the kid and try to return it for a refund, it's only a problem

and hurts the child when she herself overreacts in front of the kid, she did more damage than the toy ever could.

1 person likes this

Posted

Always funny. Here in Belgium people swear all the time on the radio and TV, no matter what channel or time of day. When you stop treating those things as offensive they stop being offensive and people stop using them to try offend you. By making a huge scene about it you basically empower the word.

4 people like this

Posted

I don't see what that has to do with this :p

Every day you read a story about someone overreacting to something or another and making a bfd where it isn't necessary. What happened to actual news?

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see what that has to do with this :p

It has everything to do with it. If you had a child who you bought a Barney or Elmo for which your child adored, but then it started spouting F*** YOU, I'd put money on you complaining to the store you bought the toy from and/or the manufacturer.

Posted

Good job I didn't show her my toy..... wooh! then we'd be in trouble !

Posted

.What happened to actual news?

There isn't any. It's all just one big drama queen soap opera.

Posted

It has everything to do with it. If you had a child who you bought a Barney or Elmo for which your child adored, but then it started spouting F*** YOU, I'd put money on you complaining to the store you bought the toy from and/or the manufacturer.

I wouldn't buy a toy without testing it first in the store (mostly to make sure the sound/voice coming out of it wasn't going to drive me insane after hearing it over and over for a while in my house), nor would I make a big deal about it in front of the kid if they did happen to get hold of something that spouted obscene language. Same thing if they hear it on TV or out in the streets. If you attach importance to a word in the form of a big fit over it, of course they're going to latch onto it. If not, they won't pay any attention.

2 people like this

Posted

Regardless, it's still not news worthy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes because having kids always mean you know how to teach kids.

Because F*** YOU means the same as "We are f****** perfect!"

Posted

These are from her twitter:

@DaniellaGibirdi: Bed time , night all lots of love . Even to the d*** heads I'm feeling extra nice

@DaniellaGibirdi: Really should remember to tweet .... I'm too lazy for this shittt

@DaniellaGibirdi: Possibly the most horrible dream ever lastnight . Head f**k

@DaniellaGibirdi: @RebeccaPollard2 I'm not ! That's why I said text me . f***ing hellllll

So, yeah, I am definitely willing to bet she swears in front of her child. This isn't news, it is a teenager whining to get attention.

4 people like this

Posted

Preston, ID?

Glassed Silver:mac

Posted

Yes those darn neowin mods get up ....I mean people get upset over swear words. :D

Posted

Yes those darn neowin mods get up ....I mean people get upset over swear words. :D

I don't make the **** rules, I just ******* enforce them :shifty:

2 people like this

Posted

I don't make the **** rules, I just ******* enforce them :shifty:

We need a f**** riot of the mob ...mods!

Glassed Silver:mac