Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

hmm, lag i haven't noticed but the other issues i should be able to correct.

the creative portal is a WIP, still trying to figure out how to make it change your gamemode when you teleport to the world :)

edit: does using /sethome not allow you to overwrite your old /home? it allows it for me but I have god permissions on my player atm so that may be why

I've now been kicked 3 times while trying to build a basic home. Each time I log back in and the work is gone.

Too much hassle right now, I'll leave it for a while.

5 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

hmm, lag i haven't noticed but the other issues i should be able to correct.

the creative portal is a WIP, still trying to figure out how to make it change your gamemode when you teleport to the world :)

edit: does using /sethome not allow you to overwrite your old /home? it allows it for me but I have god permissions on my player atm so that may be why

Yes, I could overwrite my old homes, but I had several set, and if that world is coming back I don't want to lose them. Besides, we could set I think it was 10 homes before instead of 1 now.

Server kicked me before as well, when i joined it was really laggy and the world wouldn't load around me, left it for a bit and it seems fine at the moment.

Hope you can figure out how to get old world back or do you think we have to start again?

I think I removed the sethome limit for non admins last time instead of learning how to up the limit. :p (It wasn't as simple as how essentials did it)

Can we put the server back to version 1.4.2 before you can sort out the problems out with the server, i would like to continue working on my home?

Or do we have to start again on 1.5?

Any Info on progress of getting the old world working with new one?

4 hours ago, Nuculi said:

Can we put the server back to version 1.4.2 before you can sort out the problems out with the server, i would like to continue working on my home?

Or do we have to start again on 1.5?

Any Info on progress of getting the old world working with new one?

not sure why but the old world won't load for me right now or when i can get it to load it causes my client to crash when i try to connect so something seems to have gone corrupt in it, not sure what i can do to restore.

So what your basically saying is that the old world is corrupted and we are to start again in the new world 1.5 and that's the one that's going to get backed up from now on?

I don't mind starting again, but if you think there's no chance of getting the old world backup just say, so we all know we're we stand.

6 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

So what your basically saying is that the old world is corrupted and we are to start again in the new world 1.5 and that's the one that's going to get backed up from now on?

I don't mind starting again, but if you think there's no chance of getting the old world backup just say, so we all know we're we stand.

At this time I will say no to getting the old world back (though this does not mean i'm going to stop messing with it as I liked that world too)

I do not have a scheduler setup for backups yet but I have started manually running the backup built into McMyAdmin weekly

for anyone that cares to know why, judging by the logs i was getting, something with Ender IO broke the world as I was getting missing block FML errors popping up after I added the new mods; and whether I would choose confirm or cancel it would just freeze up the command script and i would have to relaunch the server

Any further forward Brandon about getting old world back up and running?

Please could you also turn creeper explosion damage off in current world?

Thanks

Im stuck in nether and cant warp to spawn either, can you fix. Comes up with some error. :(

Could we have the number of homes increased to at least 10 please, Creeper damage turned off, and also the idle kick turned off too?

I was cooking a large batch of glass so just left MC running while I had some food. Came back to find I'd been kicked off for being idle too long. It seems to kick you after 10-15 minutes of doing nothing. I can see that being worthwhile on a busy server, but as I've only seen one other player on so far it seems a little harsh.

I asked for creeper damage to be turned off about 4 days ago, still ain't heard a reply. :(

Just finished Project Ozone 2 :D been a long journey but now I have enough time to.. Disabled mobGriefing, Idle kick and I think homes should be unlimited again. (You guys will have to test that out)

With Minecraft 1.12 being released soon I want to have a vanilla server instance. @Louisifer: Any idea how we can easily have a Spigot 1.12 world (probably with new map) alongside the modded world?

Brandon was having a similar problem trying to have the old map from v1.4 of the pack to run within the new version 1.5, he couldn't do it so that's why many of us have just started again in the new 1.5 Map.

So my guess is you probably cant have V1.5 of the pack and Vanilla, unless they ran at the same time on server, but that would just slow the server down badly.

im not sure how the server is ran but i believe most hosts use separate virtual machines.

I think in order for us to use vanilla as a multi-world spigot and forge would have to be 1.12 with a ban on non vanilla items. Brandon would have a better understanding of the workings of spigot.

I think you can bind Minecraft to work on a different port so you can run more than one server but last time I messed with ports we needed Timan to unblock java in the firewall. :D World gen would probably be the biggest impact in this scenario.

32 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

I think in order for us to use vanilla as a multi-world spigot and forge would have to be 1.12 with a ban on non vanilla items. Brandon would have a better understanding of the workings of spigot.

I think you can bind Minecraft to work on a different port so you can run more than one server but last time I messed with ports we needed Timan to unblock java in the firewall. :D World gen would probably be the biggest impact in this scenario.

I have the admin credentials to open another firewall port on the server. Performance of two MC instances side by side would be the bigger issue, indeed.

Let's wait until Spigot 1.12 is out, then consider what to do next. 

hey guys, sorry been fighting a sinus infection for the last week and had no motivation to get on things when i wasn't at work.

I COULD load a 2nd vanilla server however the tower is limited on RAM so both would suffer.

Vanilla is boring TBH, but if more people want a Vanilla server i am not bothered, as long as it stays Vanilla for the future.

Edited by Nuculi

Minecraft 1.12 will be released this Friday. Once a Spigot build is out I'm going to see if I can set up a second server instance with Vanilla and the old map.

• Like 1

they do have a pre 1.12 spigot version available if you are interested in getting things set up and ready

On 5/31/2017 at 8:04 AM, Magoo said:

they do have a pre 1.12 spigot version available if you are interested in getting things set up and ready

Hey all

I setup a secondary spigot server (no plugins yet) on the 1.12 pre6 build. the server is up but the port still needs opened.

the spigot server will be on port 25566 (summoning @Louisifer to request port opened)