question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 December 2012 - 17:38

Hi! I'm running Chrome for Android 4.2.1. I went to the desktop version of the site and now I can't seem to get back to the mobile version of the forums (they are stuck in desktop mode). When I click on the "Mobile Version" link at the bottom right, my web browser opens the mobile version of the news front page, but when I select the "forums" link (from my user-widget-menu-dropdown-thingy), I'm presented with the desktop version of the forums. The "Request Desktop Site" in my Chrome settings is unchecked.

Sorry if I'm a newb and this is documented elsewhere already. A rudimentary search didn't bring it up but maybe I'm not using the correct keywords.

-Shad

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 30 December 2012 - 18:01

This happens to me with the stock browser. I find clearing the cache resets everything back to normal (in this case, the mobile gets recognised as a mobile and presents you with the mobile version of the site). (Y)

#3 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30

Chuck cookies and also make sure you don't have any "request desktop site" options checked per site.... but please chuck your cookies at golden corral first.

#4 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:51

Clearing the cookies worked. Strange that Safari for Mobile doesn't have this issue on this web site.