4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi! I'm running Chrome for Android 4.2.1. I went to the desktop version of the site and now I can't seem to get back to the mobile version of the forums (they are stuck in desktop mode). When I click on the "Mobile Version" link at the bottom right, my web browser opens the mobile version of the news front page, but when I select the "forums" link (from my user-widget-menu-dropdown-thingy), I'm presented with the desktop version of the forums. The "Request Desktop Site" in my Chrome settings is unchecked.

Sorry if I'm a newb and this is documented elsewhere already. A rudimentary search didn't bring it up but maybe I'm not using the correct keywords.

-Shad

Posted

This happens to me with the stock browser. I find clearing the cache resets everything back to normal (in this case, the mobile gets recognised as a mobile and presents you with the mobile version of the site). (Y)

Posted

Chuck cookies and also make sure you don't have any "request desktop site" options checked per site.... but please chuck your cookies at golden corral first.

Posted

Clearing the cookies worked. Strange that Safari for Mobile doesn't have this issue on this web site.