#16 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,307 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 21:04

Hum

read this http://www.slate.com..._meteorite.html
totally debunks Wickramasinghe article

Interesting! Thanks for posting that. :)

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,485 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:47

Hum

I am simply posting the story -- doesn't mean I agree with it. ;)

#18 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,399 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:06

We'll meet them soon enough
Posted Image

#19 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• 5,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:46

I honestly don't understand how people still think we are the only living intelligent beings. One planet, in one solar system in a galaxy of billions of them in a universe of billions of galaxies. Why is this even a debate anymore? Life exists and we aren't the only living breathing intelligent creatures.

#20 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• 606 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:59

I honestly don't understand how people still think we are the only living intelligent beings. One planet, in one solar system in a galaxy of billions of them in a universe of billions of galaxies. Why is this even a debate anymore? Life exists and we aren't the only living breathing intelligent creatures.

Hurr durr the bible doesn't mention extraterrestrial life. Why would there be such life, when earth is the center of the universe?

#21 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01

Because There is one key missing piece of information which is how common is the formation of life.

That could be anywhere from so common our solar system is the exception and most planets have life to its extremely uncommon so much so that only one other planet with life exsists in the universe and its on the other side.

So saying look at the stars is useless. Life diversifying we gave that covered. The formation of life from non life there's some compelling evidence but no theory

Overreaching is bad.

#22 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,695 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03

as large as the universe is i would expect there to be live somewhere else. whether we have proof of it or not.

Exactly. Doesn't even make sense for people to think that out of the trillions and trillions of other planets out there, that ours is the only one with life.

#23 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,701 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03

Hum

Just about to post this.

#24 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

• 5,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:10

Because There is one key missing piece of information which is how common is the formation of life.

That could be anywhere from so common our solar system is the exception and most planets have life to its extremely uncommon so much so that only one other planet with life exsists in the universe and its on the other side.

So saying look at the stars is useless. Life diversifying we gave that covered. The formation of life from non life there's some compelling evidence but no theory

Overreaching is bad.

If one other planet has intelligent life then "look at the stars" isn't so useless. If there is no other life out there then the theory that life is one big accident is null and void and maybe those "religious nuts" are right. Evolution is wrong and intelligent deisgn is correct. It can't be both ways. Every other thing in nature that happens naturally or by accident happens more than once. Anything that happens only once was intentional. These are stone cold scientific facts. How is it over reaching?

#25 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:13

Evolution doesn't address the origon of life.

#26 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

• 5,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:15

Evolution doesn't address the origon of life.

I know but I was making a small point in a much larger one.

#27 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:16

And there isn't evolution or id , in short don't overreach

#28 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

• 5,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:30

Hurr durr the bible doesn't mention extraterrestrial life. Why would there be such life, when earth is the center of the universe?

I don't like those bible thumping ignorant folks. If they believed God created this Earth, then why all the extra space? For nothing? I believe in God too but come on.

And there isn't evolution or id , in short don't overreach

Okay what? But you still haven't addressed any point besides that one. Are you just disagreeing to do it? Or are you interested in a real conversation?

#29 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• 606 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:44

I don't like those bible thumping ignorant folks. If they believed God created this Earth, then why all the extra space? For nothing?

Let me give you a hint: when the bible was written, men didn't know about stars, galaxies and universe; they saw light turn to dark and had to explain it somehow.

I believe in God too

Posted Image

#30 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:52

Okay what? But you still haven't addressed any point besides that one. Are you just disagreeing to do it? Or are you interested in a real conversation?

If you wish I didn't want to beat a dead horse.

If one other planet has intelligent life then "look at the stars" isn't so useless

Assuming it wasn't killed off

Every other thing in nature that happens naturally or by accident happens more than once. Anything that happens only once was intentional.

Great so the origin of the universe was intentional, Craig would be impressed by these apologetics. Making sweeping statements about the entire universe based on what little we know is arrogant and bound to fail.

These are stone cold scientific facts. How is it over reaching?

No they are not.